Camelbak bottle adaptor

Options
Has anybody here used the Camelbak bottle adaptor? I dont really want a Camelbak pack, I think it would be uncomfortable and sweaty. This seems like a perfect solution so I can drink without stopping. To some it doesnt seem difficult but I cant master taking my bottle out and replacing in the holder while moving. I'm not the most coordinated person!

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have to stop to take a drink! LOL. I have the camelbak for hiking. On the back it would be to hot. An adapter sounds like a great solution.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Camelbak is probably the worst brand you can pick, but they are the one that everyone knows. If you want a convenient water reservoir for biking/walking, go with Deuter or Platypus. Camelbak uses a really low quality plastic that looks like an egg carton under a microscope, which allows bacteria to build up in it causing it to smell and deteriorate over time. Deuter is what the military uses for their hydration packs. They are antimicrobially coated, easy to clean, have locking mouth pieces and caps. Platypus is also antimicrobial -- doesn't have all the features as Deuter, but a lot cheaper.

EastRidgeOutfitters.com carries both or you can see more at Deuter.com or CascadeDesigns.com (Platypus).

Hope that helps!