is it just me

Options
Or do any of you other guys keep coming up with excuses to go over your daily K intake. Oh football tailgate, family cook out, etc... I am driving myself crazy

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

If you're serious about this, you'll stop making excuses.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

Agreed. By making excuses you are really just cheating yourself. The website doesn't give two craps about if you meet your goals or not. It's up to you to make the right decisions.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Why not do those things and stay in your range? Tailgate? Awesome I brought some boneless skinless chicken breats to throw on the grill with some corn or shrimp skewers!!!! (did that last weekend, stayed
    In my cals and worked out in the morning before the game too) family cookout? Well there may be some foods you can't turn down for fear of hurting someone's feelings, however you can have only as much as your cals allow. I ate at my parents a few weeks ago, had meatloaf and corn, decided to skip the mashed potatoes and gravy. Stayed well within my cals for the day (it also helps that my mom uses a mix of very lean ground beef and turkey in her meatloaf, not for diet reasons but because that's how
    She's always made it) you can still do those things and stay in your range. That's why it's a lifestyle change not a diet. Am I going to avoid my family's cooking all my life? No. That's unreasonable and actully pretty rude. Am I going to make better decisions and not get seconds or some to take home? Absolutely.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

So true
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    How often are you going over? If it is a few times here and there I see no big deal. Otherwise try to bring your own healthy options :)

Weight loss is supposed to improve the quality of life, not take away from it
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself, they are only "excuses". Evidently you are not serious at all and want it to be easy and life does now work this way. You want to lose weight, you got to work at it. You have to turn down unhealthy foods sometimes, and you have to think ahead and make plans of how you can stay within your daily calorie intake, even though you will not be eating all meals at home.

Good luck in getting a right attitude and making the choice to do what it takes. (It will not always be easy! But it will make you feel awesome!!!!)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have spent about a decade making excuses

"I'll start working out and eating right tomorrow". Tomorrow turned into a week, then a month, then year and now I'm about 100 lbs overweight

"oh I got this festival/holiday coming up. I might as well start after that". There is ALWAYS going to be some sort of 'celebration'. You don't have to eat 6500 calories (what I used to eat) to celebrate. You're celebrating life and friends and family. Not stuffing your face

"oh I'm too busy nowadays". When will I NOT be busy....?

"Too much stress. I need comfort food". Did overeating and not moving around reduced your stress? I used to smoke. Smoking didn't reduced my stress either. Facing your problems reduces stress, not stuffing your face
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WVU vs JMU........Go Mountineers!!

Seriously, learning to live your life and eat reasonably and healthy takes time. I'm finally learning and it's hard because of years of an "all or nothing" frame of mind.