Not Losing, Eating Properly....#Insanity

Options
So, I'm on day 45/63 of insanity and have always logged my food (maybe for an of exception 1-2 times, which were rest days)

Anyway, I started at 158 and gained up to 164. I was eating 1200 calories and realized this was too low. I've been eating around 1700-1800 calories for the last two weeks.

What am I doing wrong? I wear a HRM and burn about 500-1000 each workout. I have lost about an inch and can feel alittle smaller, but nothing serious.

Replies

• natachan
    Options
    If you are doing a lot of exercise it could be that you are putting on muscle weight (as it sounds like you are). You are losing inches but the scale is staying stable, this indicates that indeed this is what is happening.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Thanks, but I've read you cannot put that much mass on that fast. I also know you retain water in your muscles when they are sore, but I'm beyond the soreness.

I guess its still possible, but just like hearing feedback.
  • Kwoman2912
    Options
    How tall are you? What's your body fat %?
  • phatycake
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and its 29%. My diary is also open.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Anyone?
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Do you have your macros set to the 40/40/20 ratio that they recommend for Insanity?
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Muscles will retain water on programs like these, which could account for the gain. When you finish Insanity, don't be surprised at all if you see some of that weight come off. But if you're not seeing any results, it might also be because you see yourself every day. This is why before and after photos are really important to take. Don't worry -- I'm sure you're doing wonderfully. Keep going!
  • phatycake
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Do you have your macros set to the 40/40/20 ratio that they recommend for Insanity?

I think so and I have them set to 40/30/30. I initially had it set to what MFP is default.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Muscles will retain water on programs like these, which could account for the gain. When you finish Insanity, don't be surprised at all if you see some of that weight come off. But if you're not seeing any results, it might also be because you see yourself every day. This is why before and after photos are really important to take. Don't worry -- I'm sure you're doing wonderfully. Keep going!
    I have taken before photos...hopefully my afters will show a true change.