Favorite or interesting Quotes?!

Options

Replies

• georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Every marathon starts with the first step, so start moving to reach your goals,
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    love that one!
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "So, she's a dog..."
    Dr. Peter Venkman
  • Han987
    Options
    "If you keep heading in the same direction, you'll get where your going"
    Read it in a Jodi Picoult book and never forgotten it.
  • DanielRyd
    Options
    You only live once but if you do it right once is enough
  • DanielRyd
    Options
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?" (Marianne Williamson)

That is also one of my favourites, so much so that i want "It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." as part of a tattoo im getting next
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.

One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come, live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.

She seems so invincible but just touch her and she'll wince. She has secrets and trusts no one. She's the perfect example of betrayal because anyone she's ever trusted broke her.

Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.

No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.

Don’t worry about others doing better than you. Concentrate on beating your own records every day. Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.

A sobering thought: what if, at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?

You can't have the rainbow without a little rain.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace a test or flunk a class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourself, breathe & enjoy the ride.

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel.

:heart:
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid, so are regrets."
    "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear."
    "Don't let small minds tell you that your dreams are too big."

Just a couple that I try to live my life by.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Be careful of the *kitten* you're kicking today because you may be kissing it tomorrow!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Don't stumble over something behind you. You're not going that way.

Success if failing nine times and getting up ten.

If you change nothing, nothing will change.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Don't look back, you're not going that way.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    "Telling people to eat more carbohydrates and less food overall is not a diet, it is torture. It is the ultimate test of someone’s willpower." - http://www.cavemandoctor.com/2012/06/09/overweight-and-obese-maybe-its-not-just-you/
  • rockchalk03
    Options
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

Just keep swimming. (Finding Nemo)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    "I love life--that's my real weakness. I love it so much that I can't imagine what is not life." -Albert Camus, "The Fall"

"Misunderstandings and lethargy cause perhaps more confusion in the world than cunning and malice. At least the last two are certainly more rare." - Goethe, "The Sorrows of Young Werther"

Everything in the world ends up being a dirty business, and a person who wears himself out for money or honor or whatever else for someone's sake, without being his own passion, his own need, is always a fool." -Goethe, "The Sorrows of Young Werther"

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." Camus

"In the depths of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." Camus

"Without freedom, no art; art lives on the restraints it imposes on itself and dies of all others." Camus

"We must have one love, one great love in our life, since it gives us an alibi for all the moments when we are filled with motiveless despair." Camus

"No one who live in the sun makes a failure of his life." -Camus
  • Cimolestes
    Cimolestes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The more I see of people the more I like rats.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    “Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Cinderella believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn’t come along, she went over to the palace and got him. - Walt Disney

I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, "There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest." - Marilyn Monroe
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
    - shing xiong

Beauty, whether moral or natural, is felt, more properly than perceived.
    - David Hume

It would be difficult for me not to conclude that the most perfect type of masculine beauty is Satan,—as portrayed by Milton.
    - Charles Baudelaire
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."
    -Jack Dempsey

This guy, at the age of 90 or something, knocked out a robber trying to rob him
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." -- Winston Churchill

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

He was a cool dude.