How come so many Black Men do NOT date Black Women?

Options
I myself am of mixed race and I always wonder about this...
I don't really have anything against it just many black men will pretend like when thyey have a non-black woman they are superior.
I guess to them black women aren't attractive... low class or something? (what about their black mother... and family members). I see this far too often. Black men making comments that the last thing they would date would be is a black woman... even some feel that way towards mulatto (half black/half white) women.

I'm not trying to offend anyone it just kind of bothers me... :huh:

I mean athletes, successfull men and etc... very rarely are they with black women.

Another question (just out curiosity of the people here on MFP)
What is your background, what ethnicities have you dated?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The girl I'm seeing ATM (Caucasian Eastern European) likes black guys. She's asked the question before why her and not other black women and they said they think too much of themselves and and need to much care an pampering. Whether thats true or not, I wouldn't know!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Personal preference?

I'm not discriminatory myself, have had good experiences across the board. And I'm not a dude.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know. the girl my boyfriend dated before me was black and she refused to date black men. *shrug*
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am black woman and I prefer non black men. Not racist, just a preference. I know some black guys though that say they would rather date a Caucasian woman because they will do a lot for them (buy them stuff, whatever they want in bed) but minus the attitude that black woman have. Maybe I am missing something because I don't seem to have this monstrous attitude they portray us to have.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Who cares? I have never had much trouble getting a black man that I wanted or one of any other race. If a man doesn't like you, for whatever reason, move on.
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    preference maybe? my friend wouldn't date white men she used to say "once u go black you never go back" =)
    If there were any black men in my area I would date them :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well I often wondered this too. I have spoken to many of my black male friends and they all say pretty much the same thing: black women are loud and too caught up in their appearances. They are not supportive and they are not open-minded in regards to sex or anything else. Men want to be treated like "kings" and they say we don't treat them as such. Now for me, I don't totally agree with theses things. Theres always an exception to the rule. I think that the men I spoke to just had bad experiences with black females because we all know not ALL black females are this way. And it can be someting as simple as preference....people like what they like, can't be mad about that!
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I think that was a stupid question you asked.
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im white (but of hispanic decent) and I have always prefered hispanic of black women... but I tend to mainly date white women because those are the women that usually go for the cowboy type. But really skin color is moot. Heart way matters over color, boob size, boooty, etc.
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am black woman and I prefer non black men. Not racist, just a preference. I know some black guys though that say they would rather date a Caucasian woman because they will do a lot for them (buy them stuff, whatever they want in bed) but minus the attitude that black woman have. Maybe I am missing something because I don't seem to have this monstrous attitude they portray us to have.

We must be the exception because I too don't seem to have this attitude that they think black females have...lol
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think times have changed its 2012 people just date whomever they choose and care less as to what others think...in years passed it was much harder to bring home someone of a different ethnic background for many...but now its much more accepted in many families..so your going to see a lot more of it....get used to it....its not just with black men dating outside their race its with anyone..including myself woot woot!.....this is a VERY old kind of racist question thats been dragged on for years IMHO about why black men are attracted to white or non-black women...the answer is "who knows" every relationship is different.
  • scottcale
    scottcale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I think that was a stupid question you asked.

^^^THIS
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options

^^^THIS

x3
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i dont think its matters tbh i dated a spanish guy as a teen and had a black woman shout at him in front of me ... trader you have joined the klu klux clan .. save to say i as shocked and had to drag him awa before a fight started too many people care about colour
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For as long as I can remember, my friend has dated exclusively black men. This goes back to junior high. I don't know if she's ever strayed. It's just a personal preference. I was her roomate at the time and there were always black men around. Some of them thought they were gangster- some of them were sweet- some were shy, and some were hard. I imagine black women are much the same. I can see that if you were only exposed to certain personalities of black women, you might assume they were all the same. But I have never personally known a black woman who had that type of attitude about her hair, or her man- only what I have seen on TV. All the black women I have known personally, however, prefer not to date black men. Go figure!

( as a young adult, allot of her black male friends used to hit on me and want me to date them. They weren't my type, plus we didn't really have any of the same interests. They thought I was racist. That was not true, and I hated that! I later did date a black man- because we had the same interests and allot in common and he treated me right. )
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options

^^^THIS

x3

Same here!
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I asked DH why he married outside his race. He says that to him it wasn't about color but about how I made him feel.

I think the reasons can't be generalized. Everyone has their own reasons.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    But really skin color is moot. Heart way matters over color, boob size, boooty, etc.

PRECISELY!!

I date GOOD men, period.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't find black women attractive. I know alot of times people date a black person so other black people can say she is not racist against blacks.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

I think the reasons can't be generalized. Everyone has their own reasons.

^^this times a million.
This discussion has been closed.