HI!

BroiledNotFried
BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
HI,

I keep learning something new every day. And, all of you will help me to learn more. Yesterday, i made the zucchini fries posted on the food blog. Wonderful substitute.

I am trying to lose 20 pounds that remains with me 3 years after my last child. I have repeatedly lost 10 of the 20, only to go up again. losing 20 pounds, puts me right in the middle of my suggested weight. With 20 pounds, i am right on the precipice of being overweight...and I look it in a mirror.

I love to figure skate, and have all my life. Body image is so hard for me, because that is what has been 'talked about' at the rink and by coaches since i was a child. Fortunately, i was naturally thin...but I heard the comments made behind other skater's backs. Now, at 20 pounds over my normal weight....i need to lose it.

Now in my 40's, I skate for me. But, I can't do it much due to having small children. I still have an awesome sit spin, and can even do a change sit spin. i also love to jump, but footwork is extra hard for me to do. Reflexes slow down, even at 40. Plus, footwork is where the really nasty, unexpected falls occur.

So, I joined a gym with daycare about a year ago. I love the gym, especially Zumba, but i learned that reducing calorie intake is the key to weight loss. Doesn't do good to burn 500 calories in on a machine and then eat too much food. i know, as that is how I keep doing my small, yo-yo.

Most of all, my journey with 20 reappearing pounds has given me an awesome respect for those with more weight to lose. i know how hard it is for me, and I really applaud those with a heavier cross to bear.

So, i hope for good posts from all of you, and already love the recipe forum. i want to make that Chicken Salsa in the slowcooker tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.