So it’s taken me a while, but

Options
MrsT99
MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
I have now reached my weight goal as of this morning! About 20 months of hard work to lose 40 lb do so but I’ve been doing it slowly and in a way that I can sustain. No rush!

I am 5.4 and 135lb. 9 stone 9. BMI 23.2 UK size 10

So here is a little more about my story and then lots of pics

I have always been awful at sport, no coordination and no fitness behind me but even without being able to run very well without collapsing in a red gasping mess as a child/teen I did at least walk/cycle everywhere so I was never overweight (although I was often at the higher end of average).

When I went to university in 2003 it really bumped on, I was only waitressing/bar work in the holidays and lived on campus and drank lots of things like beer and cider etc most days. I got in the habit of eating cheap large portions of pasta as a student which definitely did not help and I hit the overweight category pretty quickly as a standard size 14.

I walked more in my second year of uni off campus and I maintained a UK14 for a long time – including when I met my husband in 2005. My weight fluctuated doing various jobs that involved more walking and then more driving, and got to its highest in Summer 2010 after I had spent a year at a job that involved no walking at all. I did not have a scale at this point.

I was being a bridesmaid in October 2010 then a bride in June 2011. The company I worked for moved offices to central London and needed lots of walking! So still with no scale I was hoping to lose lots for my friend’s wedding and it was coming off but I was still unhappy in the very unflattering size 16 dress.

I was on a brides forum in the UK and there were several people losing for their weddings using MFP so I decided to join them – hi ladies if you’re reading!

I bought a scale and recorded my current start point and lost 24lb on the run up to my wedding and amazing Kenya honeymoon between January and June. I was down to a UK 12 in most clothes. I was still overweight at this point though so carried on plodding on.

I started lifting by doing Chalean Extreme in October of last year and loved the effects. I did not really have heavy enough weights for my legs by the end so I bought some heavier weights and ran through it again in January. I then started New Rules of Lifting for Women. I love the effect that it has on my body.

My weight loss slowed down considerably when I started CLX but the inches kept moving and I lost a further dress size in the run up to Christmas to fit comfortably in a UK size 10 (12 in a few shops) – I did not ever expect to reach that as at my previous thinnest I was only ever a UK 12. I had not worn size 10s since my early teens so I didn’t mind the scale not moving much!

It didn’t really move for some months properly – I think I was struggling with how many calories to have and balancing it up for the last 10lb or so and it was taking aaaages to get them to budge. I then got the fitbit and didn’t look back. I set it up at a 250 deficit of 0.5lb per week and set my activity level on both sites to lightly active – this gives me a net of 1590 but as I am usually more than lightly active my fitbit automatically gives me more on MFP depending on what I have been doing and I eat it back in general. So the last 10lb has been achieved generally eating between 1800-2200 calories.

So there you go, the slow road but I’m there and since starting lifting I’ve not been in any rush anyway...also I have been far from perfect along the road, maybe it would have been faster but I’m happier that I don’t feel like I’ve had to restrict my life in any way. I love my wine at weekends! I've never felt deprived and I have always eaten my exercise calories (or worked out so I could eat more!)

Maintaining a 14
6120_139710070357_1875654_n.jpg

5150_112953684178_7243078_n.jpg

The worst ones... Summer 2010 at my biggest
36224_404389173868_6047862_n.jpg

37273_404386828868_299857_n-1.jpg

My hen night....down 21lb
249859_10150623980790052_5004132_n.jpg

My wedding day....down 24lb
297456_10150301935443869_369648093_n.jpg

Honeymoon with a skirt from previous holiday
100_0404.jpg

December 2011
397536_10150440474788869_931530478_n.jpg

May 2012 and in old BM dress
P1010070.jpg

P1010152.jpg

Holiday June-July 2012
P1010639.jpg

399373_10150911378088869_542134135_n.jpg

August (for face)
facenow.jpg

Today at goal! Now well into size 10 but not going down, hips rather large....
P1020189.jpg

Scuse the weird face on the second one
P1020190.jpg

I love reading these things so I thought why not!

Ooof I thought I sized them all smaller than that.... some rather large...can't be bothered to go back and change them...

Replies

• lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go MrsT! :happy:
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look gorgeous!!

I'm also a slow and steady loser (started in March). It was nice to see success from someone going at a slower pace. Thank you for sharing! :smile:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing story along with pics! inspiring!!! you look fantastic.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Huge congratulations on achieving your goal - you look stunning!

Can I ask your advice - I've done NROLFW, and am now doing Stronglifts 5x5; do you think it would be a step backwards to do CLX?
  • YoukilledJosh
    Options
    You look awesome! amazing job you should be so proud
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your success.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Huge congratulations on achieving your goal - you look stunning!

Can I ask your advice - I've done NROLFW, and am now doing Stronglifts 5x5; do you think it would be a step backwards to do CLX?

Thanks very much :blushing: :blushing:

I absolutely loved CLX my husband is half way through it as I was its singing praises. You'd probably be starting out with way heavier weights than most but I don't think it would do any harm at all if that was the case. I do kind of miss doing it with my telly with Chalene talking me through it now I'm on my own.
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! You are the same height as me and similar in start weight/target weights so this is v inspiring, thanks for sharing the pics! Can't wait to fit in a wee size 10 again :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • MrsT99
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: :happy:
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    congrats! slow is the way to go!
  • 08AmandaC
    08AmandaC Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congratulations! you look fantastic! x
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wow - Amazing job. I've just started doing Insanity and the scale hasn't really budged but I have lost inches. Thanks for sharing and reminded us that the scale is NOT our friend (well sometimes it is). You look great. Well done. x
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I too am going slower than I expected - so you are someone to look up to
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Lovely collection of pics, great journey! You must be so proud, and you look great.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    congrats! slow is the way to go!

Yes it is! Thanks people
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look great!
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    That's a huge change. You look great
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - well done!
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!