Need some advice...Am I too nice?

Options
2»

Replies

• lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you're boyfriend lives with you and he is helping with the bills in the house, then yes, you should have told him, before you told her to get his input!
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LOL well I'm gonna sit back and watch this one unfold..cuz I'm not one of those submissive women. I "inform" the others in the house what is going on..usually after the fact! :) I think that fact that she's helping you out too is enough of a reason for you to do it. Everybody wins!

Talking about it first wouldn't make anyone "submissive". It's just called being "considerate". Especially if he helps to pay the bills---he should have some say-so in it, as well.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    LOL well I'm gonna sit back and watch this one unfold..cuz I'm not one of those submissive women. I "inform" the others in the house what is going on..usually after the fact! :) I think that fact that she's helping you out too is enough of a reason for you to do it. Everybody wins!

I'm not a "submissive woman" however it is just common courtesy that you would run things by your significant other with which you live with before you do anything.

I run things by my husband all the time because it would just be plain rude and disrespectful to do something without his agreement on it.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are too nice and this is coming from a person who is also too nice. I think your friend need to learn to do things on her own. And I think you should have brought the subject up to your boyfriend since you two live together. How would you like it if he volunteered his friend for something at your house without discussing it with you?