Hot In Bed

Options
titanium96
titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
CALLING ALL NURSES (and anyone else who may know) - I have been getting night sweats lately. Does anyone know what this could be a sign off? I wouldnt say I wake up drenched, but my legs in particular have usually been sweating. And before you ask, I sleep with only boxers on, the window opend and just use one doona. We are just coming out of Winter, so most nights are between 0 and 10C. The other thing I have noticed recently, is when I wake up I have pretty bad balance for the first half an hour or so? Could that be connected??

Replies

• aprus5542
    Options
    wet dreams
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    withdrawal from something?
  • titanium96
    Options
    ****BUMP cause I need some answers!!
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    are you taking any supplements?
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me, usually in clusters, with no rhyme or reason, and when I wake up I am drenched but I do not feel hot or flustered or anything like that. I sleep with nothing on, and keep my house nice and chilly at night. So weird. I am very far from menopause, but I believe it has something to do with hormones for me.

I did a bunch of internet research about it, and the only thing I could come up with was multiple sclerosis, but I don't have any of the other symptoms. Loss of balance is an early symptom of MS, but I am sure it is also connected to many other less serious things. If you are truly concerned, I would go see a Dr.
  • titanium96
    Options
    I dont take any suppliments and nothing has significantly changed in my diet.

I will eventually go to a doctor if it continues or gets worse. I will look up MS. Thats got me a little worried.
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The sweating in bed and being off balance could be two different things. It sounds like your hormones are off balance which can happen when dieting and beinng off balance can be sinus related. Let us know what you find out :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL NURSES (and anyone else who may know) - I have been getting night sweats lately. Does anyone know what this could be a sign off? I wouldnt say I wake up drenched, but my legs in particular have usually been sweating. And before you ask, I sleep with only boxers on, the window opend and just use one doona. We are just coming out of Winter, so most nights are between 0 and 10C. The other thing I have noticed recently, is when I wake up I have pretty bad balance for the first half an hour or so? Could that be connected??

What a disappointment, I thought you were going to offer us ladies something:tongue:

Sounds like your body is dehydrating at night, are you working out before you go to bed?
  • titanium96
    Options
    I do exercise at night, but not every night,. I didnt exercise last night (and i am single, so i definately didnt exercise in bed) and I still woke up during the night dripping wet.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely did not want to worry you unnecessarily! Just wanted to share my own experience, I freaked myself out for a quick minute too. Sometimes WedMD is not a good thing. Loss of balance seems like such a common ailment that could be caused by a variety of non serious things. And of course there is a lot of information on the internet about night sweats being hormone related. MS was the only serious disease link I could find and I linked it mostly by reading discussion board posts from people with MS.

At the time, I was also experiencing numbness in my arms and legs when I slept, hence why I freaked myself out, but that turned out to be caused by something totally unrelated that was easily remedied. So, don't lose any sleep over it until there is a real reason to be concerned.

Take Care.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Definitely make an appointment to have a complete checkup with your Doctor!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I would go to your doctor and get a full blood panel. HIV and chemistries....everything!
  • titanium96
    Options
    HIV???
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing. Vertigo. I use to go to the doctor and pay a visit and he would give me e RX for antivert for dizziness. My local pharmacy sells me McLezine a bottle of 100 for 6 bucks. That is the same thing as Antivert. I would check independent drug stores instead of the WalMart or Walgreens etc. they will charge you the antivert prices. I can not live without it when my dizziness starts up. I hope this helps.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    HIV???

Yep.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I will add it is possibly highly unlikley, but it is a symptom.