Past v Present

Options
I just hit 40. OMG! I have had a rough time with accepting it...but here it is. SO looking back what have I learned in my 40 years on this earth? One thing that I think some here could use to benefit them...so I wanted to share!

'DO NOT let your past, nor linger in it...and let it hold you back from your future!'

My mom died when I was 9yrs old ~ It will not keep me from my future!
My step-mom, well...she was a step-mom in the stereo typical sense ~ But she and what she did will not keep me from my future!
After 10 years of marriage which ended in divorce ~ Will NOT keep me from going onward.
After weighing 154'~ I decided to lose and live longer for my future.

I could go on and on. I could tell you of misfortune...like you could probably tell me.

Those are things that could hold me back from becoming the Woman that I want to be for my girls sake and mine too!
I will not let those things stop me. I will remember them, but they are not allowed to influence me negatively.

NOW...I finished two years of college.
NOW...I have a good job.
NOW...I own my own home and new car.
NOW...I have 3 great kids who are not involved in the junk of life.
NOW...I have lost 20lbs to be a new me.

So when you start to feel down about that person you were yesterday...remember tomorrow is a GREAT day to become a new you!

Hope it helps!

Replies

• LordByproduct
    Options
    GOOD POST! I hit the big 4-0 back in Feb. and though its a big milestone i feel like there is a lot of life to be had in the second half of life. heres to making it the GOOD stuff!!!

i am finishing my last semesters in school. gone back to compliment my career as an electrician with a degree in Renewable energy (AAS)

chad
  • bongygs
    Options
    I just had first year anniversary of 40. I feel freaking great. I know what I like, I know what I want. I really don't care what people think of me. It is a really great feeling. I have only one person to impress and that is me. I am living the dream; that is what I say to people.In saying that I always have to keep myself in check and make sure I am healthy other wise life will slow down. I loved your post by the way. Nice work with the schooling you two (LordByproduct and Loriqui)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is A fantastiic outlook on life and one I'm trying to adopt. I want to feel fabulous at forty and I 'm working hard to get there.
  • Eddie274
    Options
    Great attitude, and one I've come to know as True American "Up and At 'em" grit. A real positive in my eyes. I hit 40 in 16 months so have that to look forward to!