have i entered an alternate reality? i'm a size 8?!

Options
so i went clothes shopping today and i was thinking i'd be a size 10 (because i bought size 12 clothes a few weeks ago that are getting too loose already)...and so i headed for the clearance racks (where everything was WAAYYYY to long for little 5'3 me! lol and everything was size 12 or bigger (or size 0 or 2 or 4 - and in waist sizes 24, 25, 26 or smaller). but i eventually found a pair of size 8 pants and thought i'd give them a try - and they FIT! and they were SO COMFY (but they also were a zillion times too long :angry: ). But then i found another pair of size 8 black work pants and they were just the right length!

Size 8! When the he** did that happen?! i am kinda in shock! lol and i ended up getting another pair of work pants in size 10 that went with a cute matching vest (also size 10). I tried on the size 8 in the pants and they fit great in the waist but...too clingy on the legs so...to size 10 i went that fit much nicer in the leg and loose in the waist (but I can always wear a belt or get the waist taken in!).

I also tried on jeans in the same store (again, WAY too long :( ). and I could fit into a size 28! snug in the leg but fine in the waist. I have no idea what that is in the other size (i.e. 8, 10, 12 etc - anyone know?) and tried a pair of size 29 and 30's too that also fit (the 30's waist had that baggy gap at the back though).

i haven't been a size 8 since highschool. i remember having a size 29 waist pair of Levi's (that I LOVED). so i was whatever a size 29 was back then.... and i guess i'm close to that now?

Replies

• starrlette
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    thank you! that 'after' pic is a few weeks old now so i really should get a more recent one up there I guess cuz I think i look different even from then... (all thanks to 30 Day Shred! :))
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting :) Good for you!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    so i went clothes shopping today and i was thinking i'd be a size 10 (because i bought size 12 clothes a few weeks ago that are getting too loose already)...and so i headed for the clearance racks (where everything was WAAYYYY to long for little 5'3 me! lol and everything was size 12 or bigger (or size 0 or 2 or 4 - and in waist sizes 24, 25, 26 or smaller). but i eventually found a pair of size 8 pants and thought i'd give them a try - and they FIT! and they were SO COMFY (but they also were a zillion times too long :angry: ). But then i found another pair of size 8 black work pants and they were just the right length!

Size 8! When the he** did that happen?! i am kinda in shock! lol and i ended up getting another pair of work pants in size 10 that went with a cute matching vest (also size 10). I tried on the size 8 in the pants and they fit great in the waist but...too clingy on the legs so...to size 10 i went that fit much nicer in the leg and loose in the waist (but I can always wear a belt or get the waist taken in!).

I also tried on jeans in the same store (again, WAY too long :( ). and I could fit into a size 28! snug in the leg but fine in the waist. I have no idea what that is in the other size (i.e. 8, 10, 12 etc - anyone know?) and tried a pair of size 29 and 30's too that also fit (the 30's waist had that baggy gap at the back though).

i haven't been a size 8 since highschool. i remember having a size 29 waist pair of Levi's (that I LOVED). so i was whatever a size 29 was back then.... and i guess i'm close to that now?

OH I LOVE THIS. Good for you and congratulations. I have fond memories of this time for me. It was the smallest I have ever been and I thought it was the smallest I would ever get. I thought I'd be a happy just getting to size 8 and be done. But if you want to keep going don't limit yourself. I went from size 13 to size 2 at age 51 --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

You only limit is in your own mind. Don't limit yourself, but if you are happy stay where you are. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    This gave me goose bumps :) You look great! Please post a picture of you in your new jeans :)
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    thanks everyone! :):flowerforyou: i'm just really...surprised! i was thinking i'd be happy being a size 10! size 8 never even crossed my mind!

@californiagirl - wow that you went from a size 13 to a size 2!!! that is AMAZING! and thank you! i will keep going and persevering! :)

and i'll post a picture of me in my new jeans shortly! :bigsmile:
  • banks89202
    Options
    WOW!! Love it!! You look amazing!!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! :D
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    thank you so much everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!