Shopping tomorrow... 100 calorie snack ideas??

Options

Replies

• jtannehill75
    Options
    Rold Gold pretzel sticks- 53 of them!! :)
  • ladyvballcomet
    ladyvballcomet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the 90 calorie Fiber One bar and the 100 calorie packs of almonds. Very satisfying for 100 calories!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump!:bigsmile:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I like to keep those fiber one brownies in my house for those gotta have chocolate days. I would rather eat a 90 calorie brownie than 2 tiny squares of dark chocolate that are about the same calorie count. Still get my chocolate plus the chewy brownie.

I also like to keep laughing cow cheese wedges on hand and low fat or light string cheese which are only 50 calories and I get in one serving of dairy that way. Fat free cottage cheese 1/2 a cup is 70 calories with blueberries or other fruit on top and its delicious and healthy plus low in calories and to top it off again you'll get a serving of dairy. I follow WW and try to get in 3 servings of dairy every day. I lose on average 1.8 lbs per week.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    individually packaged nuts
    yoplait greek yogurt
    string cheese
    apple
    bananna
    granola bar
    egg
    cottage cheese
    weight watchers dark chocolote raspberry ice cream bar
    special k protein plus cereal with unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 c. fresh fruit
    progresso chicken noodle soup
  • LexRaven
    LexRaven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 cup of red grapes is a great 100 calorie snacks!!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered strawberries!
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    As I can't do a lot of fruits (which makes me sad), a thing that has made the diet easier is that there are little 120 calories tubs of ice cream in multipacks. So as I am talking to my heartsister and watching TV in the evenings, I can have a little ice cream, and it feels slightly indulgent and has good resonances back to watching TV and eating ice cream as a child.

When I feel slightly indulged and well fed, I'm much more likely to stay on the diet. (And, of course, since they're prepackaged, it's not like you can fool yourself on the serving size.)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My favorite fill me up, go to snack is air popped popcorn.... mist with water or Pam and use butter flavored buds... or spices.... lots a fiber too......
  • perpetual98
    Options
    bars-90-calorie-chocolate-caramel-and-pretzel.png

I love these but be careful to drink plenty of water they can make you gassy.

I thought that was the only reason to eat Fiber One bars. :laugh:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    There's tons of 100 calorie snacks out there, but here is a link to Hungry Girl's ideas for homemade 100 calorie snacks with ingredients you buy in the store. (nothing complicated at all, btw) :flowerforyou:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2385

The actual web page reads:

We LOVE making our own 100-calorie packs, so we decided to follow up our DIY email from awhile back with these new recipes. Make 'em, and revisit our original email to create your own!

HG FYI: When making your mixes, it's better to evenly distribute ingredients among the bags/containers and then mix 'em, as opposed to mixing them in one big bowl and then distributing the mixture. This way, you'll get an even amount of each ingredient in each serving (which means more accurate nutritionals)!

Another HG FYI: Those bags of microwave popcorn don't always yield the amount of popped corn indicated on the box. (A bunch of the kernels often remain unpopped.) So make sure you have extra bags on hand.

Banana Split Popcorn Mix
    1/4th of recipe (about 1 1/2 cups): 100 calories, 1g fat, 53mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 17g sugars, 1g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

We turned banana split flavor into a sweet 'n salty affair. Ooooh... Try it!

Ingredients:
    4 cups popped and cooled 94% fat-free kettle-corn-flavored microwave popcorn
    2 cups bite-sized freeze-dried banana and strawberry pieces (like the kind by Gerber)
    4 full-sized or 12 mini vanilla meringue cookies, broken into pieces
    2 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
    Set out four sealable containers or bags, and evenly distribute ingredients among them. Seal containers or bags. Shake before eating!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Sweet Apple Pie Popcorn Surprise
    1/4th of recipe (about 1 1/4 cups): 100 calories, 2g fat, 76mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 15g sugars, 0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

SURPRISE -- there's white chocolate inside! We're not great with surprises...

Ingredients:
    3 cups popped and cooled 94% fat-free kettle-corn-flavored microwave popcorn
    2 cups bite-sized freeze-dried apple pieces (like the kind by Gerber)
    2 tbsp. white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
    Set out four sealable containers or bags, and evenly distribute ingredients among them. Seal containers or bags. Shake before eating!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Movie Concession Mix
    1/4th of recipe (about 1 2/3 cups): 100 calories, 1g fat, 140mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 9g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Because picking just one snack to eat while you watch a movie is BORING. Enjoy ALL the snacks in portion-controlled perfection!

Ingredients:
    6 cups popped and cooled 94% fat-free butter-flavored microwave popcorn
    12 caramel-flavored mini rice cakes, broken into pieces
    2 Twizzlers Strawberry Twists, chopped
    2 tbsp. raisins, chopped
    2 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i got some carrot strips and low fat hummous prepacked the other day...lovely. Alternatively - apples, cottage cheese, fruit salad, yogurt.
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    Jaffa Cakes Cake Bars, 94 cal, chocolate, cake and orangey goodness! Win all round!
  • rtuffey
    Options
    Walmart has little single serve jello packs for 5 calories each!
  • mindy0517
    Options
    I love the 100 cal packs of Almonds and Nibisco Ritz Mix 100 cal snack bags.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can try splitting up your meals, like eat half and then and hour or two later eat the rest. This has helped me reduce my snacking. If i really need a snack I'll have a hardboiled egg with a tiny apple.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    People wonder why they can't and or stall at losing weight. A sound meal plan wouldn't have the need for snacks. Lol at pringles.

You have six meals a day, which is fine, but some only have 3 and like a small snack in between. Or some crave a little salt, sugar, or whatever. Better to have a small snack then deprive yourself and binge, right? Just remember not everyone has the same will power to resist all things bad as you do, which is why, I believe, majority of the people use mfp, to make sure they don't over do it.
    This makes no sense. Number of meals means nothing. What matters here are choices. If you want to snack on something, snack on some veggies. Those 100 calorie packs are jokes. Sure they are good every once in a while, however to have them as a staple of any meal plan is absurd.
  • riotshows
    Options
    People wonder why they can't and or stall at losing weight. A sound meal plan wouldn't have the need for snacks. Lol at pringles.

I bet the people that are creative in eating low calorie snacks that keep them satisfied are probably more successful. I have been
    losing and maintaining for more that 10 years now...not going up more that 2 lbs and going down each year. I creatively snack at
    my most hungry times. By allowing yourself some satisfaction..you are telling yourself you can and not feeling as deprived as someone telling themselves they can't....Live is for living. :)
  • jamit82
    Options
    Quaker oatmeal cookies... they are processed (damn), but quite good... 3 cookies is a serving and a serving packs 139 calories. If you're not into professional bodybuilding... I think they're very decent for a snack out of a bag. They make them in different flavors, so you can have them plain, with chocolate, berries.. etc. Don't eat them EVERY day and you should be ok.
  • jamit82
    Options

You have six meals a day, which is fine, but some only have 3 and like a small snack in between. Or some crave a little salt, sugar, or whatever. Better to have a small snack then deprive yourself and binge, right? Just remember not everyone has the same will power to resist all things bad as you do, which is why, I believe, majority of the people use mfp, to make sure they don't over do it.
    This makes no sense. Number of meals means nothing. What matters here are choices. If you want to snack on something, snack on some veggies. Those 100 calorie packs are jokes. Sure they are good every once in a while, however to have them as a staple of any meal plan is absurd.

You're right on the healthy snacks and all, and on not eating 100 cal snacks every day..... but saying 6 meals a day has nothing to do is....CRAZY. Number of meals means everything (granted you pick the right food too). Several meals a day makes a much more stable blood sugar lever, will reduce cravings a whole lot. So.. eating 5-6 meals a day might help you with not eating the snacks that have been so dogmatically ridiculed.

If you're a pro.. then you don't need someone here to tell you what to eat or not to eat. If you're starting out on a weight loss plan... do it right and trust me... if you've been eating mc flurries and milky ways daily for years, and you have a rough time with the changes you recently made... have a freaking special k snack instead of snapping and out of a nervous breakdown head to the wendy's drive thru.