Marie Claire or Glamour?

Options
jules1984
jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
I want to get a magazine, and subcriptions are cheap on amazon right now. Besides the obvious health magazines, what do you recommend?

I am 25 and I feel like I've outgrown Cosmopolitan (no offense meant to anyone I read it for years), but I don't feel quite at Redbook yet because there's a lot more marriage and kids stuff in there...

Has anyone read Marie Claire or Glamour and do you like them? Which one should I get? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I personally like Glamour.
    Maybe grab a copy of each from the newsstand and see which one you like better this month?
  • CashVerde
    CashVerde Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to read Cosmo and Glamour (between those two I preferred Cosmo), but both mags seemed to always have the same articles... about sex! Marie Claire is good.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I love Glamour!
  • LauraGUnit
    Options
    I like Glamour. Though they do cover similar topics as Cosmo, they try to do it (with varying success) with a feminist bent. They're also really good lately about giving financial advice, some of which I have taken and appreciated greatly. They have good recipes, too.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going with Marie Claire. I read all your posts and while Glamour seems amazing I keep hearing its more similar to Cosmo than Marie Claire is. Also, Marie Claire is seven bucks cheaper!! :laugh: :laugh: