Have you ever purchased....

Options
an outfit or article of clothing that you knew you couldn't fit in, but used instead as motivation to lose weight? I always have had the mentality that something like that wouldn't work..... but on my latest shopping trip trying to find some workout clothes for my swing dance club, I found this really great looking hot pink top that I wanted to buy to wear for the class.... Only problem was..... they were sold out of my current size. So I went for a smaller one in the hopes that I can eventually wear it. I actually can't remember if I went one or two sizes smaller.....
So I'm just curious if anyone else has gone this route for motivation.

Replies

• eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yep. A whole closet full.

:)
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I don't think I'd be able to do a closet full.... just in case it ended up being wasted money. Not that it'd be definite.... but I have let myself down in the past before.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I sort of did that, but not on purpose, I went out to buy a pair of skinny jeans (just to own a pair and say that I can actually fit in it!), I saw the hanger which said "38, which was the size I wore at the time, I didn't even bother going to the fitting room, just bought it and went home, when I got home, I decided to try it out, it turned out to be way too tight, I could barely zip up but it felt like I was being squashed to death.

I was wondering what the hell was going on and started freaking out wondering if I gained more inches to my waist, as I took it off, I noticed the tag on the pants said size "34, I couldn't find the receipt so I just put it away, as of this day I can actually wear them now and breathe!