I only joined this site 4 hours ago and....

Options
you all motivate me. I've never been on a site with so much positive feedback and comments about each other... so much support.... so much sympathy and advice.... I find myself smiling consistently as I jump from board to board, topic to topic. Just makes me feel even more confident in myself and my ability to become a healthier me. Thanks for that.

Replies

• strikeout
    Options
    Yes its awesome, good community it has helped me alot in a short time. I hope your journey is good.
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're going to do great!! Welcome!!! :)
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! ^_^ It really is awesome how everyone supports and helps each other. Made a lot of awesome friends on here and have learned a ton!! Welcome to the family! :flowerforyou:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! And Welcome!
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I agree, the activity of the community and the tools keep me motivated. I don't have much any support in the real world so it's nice.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options

No reason why you can't accomplish your goals. Honestly, the forums can get nasty. That shouldn't affect you. Best advice i can tell you is... you can do anything you set your mind to. Don't sell yourself short. Weight loss boils down to perseverance.. Best of luck.

True, there shouldn't be a reason why I can't accomplish them.... but I truthfully rarely find support around here. My family, distant or closely related, are generally all overweight or obese and would rather resort to surgery at some point than make a change themselves or with others. And I'm the kind of person that can't stick to something like this by myself.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    For the most part depends on where you are on the board and what questions you ask, can get a bit nasty because people forget what being new to all this is about and can make you feel like you are dumb. Best advice for that is, either ask someone in private who is more then likely ok with answering your questions, or search the forum that way you don't get some prick on your back and making you upset. I have seen people on this forum give up all together because of the lack of support, and that ticks me off. Don't let people have that power over you. If I let every negative comment get to me, there is no way I could be where I am now. Do what you do for you. Remember it's not easy and it can seem like nothing is gonna change but you can reach your goals! Find support and cling to those people who are willing to support you. Don't let haters get ya down because this is still the internet and there are those miserable few out and about in here, I've dealt with my fair share here.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    4 hours and you haven't lost anything, get on it you slacker....lol....jk.....good on ya for taking the first step...there will be hills and valleys but the biggest thing is just to keep plugging.