heartrate monitors - suggestions

Options
I'm looking to accurately track calories burned, plus monitor my heart rate. I'm sure there are posts about this topic somewhere on here but I'm a bit crunched for time and need some suggestions. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Everyone hoots over their Polars but I have a Reebok and I LOVE it. It's WAAAAY cheaper and does the same things as the Polars.
  • davidstevens9
    Options
    I have had good luck so far with my Polar F7. It's really basic but tracks heart rate and calories burned. I have had it over a year and it still works fine (which is more than I can say for the Sunto one I had before.) Best of luck.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Things to look for:

If you workout at a gym, make sure the monitor is coded. Otherwise you might get interference.

Make sure to get one with a chest strap. They are most accurate.

Polar, Garmin and Reebok the most popular. However, I have seen others that review well.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I recently returned a Sportline S12 I got for Christmas. It kept resetting itself & finally started freezing up when I tried to put the statistics back in. I went looking for reviews & there were several that complained of the same problem. So the least I can do is to veer away from the S12!

I'm looking for another one. Would like one that shows me my calories as I burn them and I can change the battery myself.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for another one. Would like one that shows me my calories as I burn them and I can change the battery myself.

The Polar FT series are setup so you can change your own battery and the chest strap is machine washable. Both are features I addore in my FT60.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I went hunting around on amazon some more, focused really hard on the reviews, and found the polar F7. Someone said you can change the batteries on it. It also had the features I wanted, a 2 year factory warranty, and a girlie faceplate design, lol. It should be here next week.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Last week i bought the polar f6 and LOVE it...it tracks you calories burned and heartrate...it also has the option if you want to set your own heartrate or it set it on it's own from the exercise you do...you can't go wrong with a polar