Extremely hungry in morning

Options
2»

Replies

• T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I don't have any issues with my blood sugar but I do have issues with my blood pressure, kidneys, and iron deficient(not sure if any of this plays a roll). Honestly I just make sure I eat first thing and I feel fine. But if I don't I feel physically ill, like weak and want to throw up.

This is exactly me! I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I know my iron is fine cause gave blood not too long ago but I dont remember if they check blood sugar (don't think so). Anyways, I just need to get a check up.

Yea I've never really thought it to be a big deal but maybe I should ask my doctor about it as well!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Its not that uncommon, especially if you have a smallish dinner fairly early in the evening. how long is it from your last meal? Do you get around 20-30gm of protein in your dinner/last meal? What and when you eat last does effect morning hunger.

The cottage cheese works because the casein in it is a slow burn protein - you could do a casein shake/smoothie as your PM snack if you don't like cottage cheese.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Everyone is a little different ...My mother wants a HUGE breakfast every day ... Me, not so much ... I prefer a cup of coffee and a protein bar.

I have heard some profess the whole "Eat like a King at breakfast, a Prince at lunch and a Pauper at dinner" ideal too. Others say light breakfast and light dinner with most calories at lunch. Me, I like a big dinner because I won't be eating for 12 or more hours when all is said and done. Listen to your body and see which version of life works for you... after all, this is a lifelong process ... no reason to be miserable all the time if you can help it ... Misery doesn't breed sustainability.
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat something starchy late in the evening, I am very hungry in the morning. If it is a higher protein dinner, I am not hungry until 10am. My body time to eat is normally 10am.
  • orly1029
    orly1029 Posts: 2
    Options
    wth, if you THINK everyone is different, then you do not know. if you do not know then you are not qualified to answer. this isn't a hunch people are asking for. they want a definitive answer. they want the truth.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different metabolism and is hungry at different times of day. I am healthy (get regular physicals and Dr. says all is fine, no blood sugar problems) but I am pretty petite, (weigh between 90 - 95 lb.) and when I wake up I am HUNGRY and must eat something or I will start feeling sick after 1 - 2 hours. So I don't think this is abnormal, still it's a good idea to get your blood sugar checked and make sure it's not low.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Answer to this is somewhat of a logical one. Depending on when you had your last meal before you went to sleep it is safe to say that you gone on a fasted state even during your sleep for a long time. If you last had your meal at 9pm then you wake up at 9am then do the math and thats how many hours you went without eating a single calorie. This could be one of the reasons other than the obvious physiological ones.