***This is so FUNNY...THE DIVORCE LETTER***

Options
13»

Replies

• windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    this is kind of how the joke reads to me:

a married couple treating each other crappy, a whiny, demanding husband who cheats, a bored, dim witted wife who humiliates her husband by telling him he looks like a girl, implying that men with feminine traits are repulsive

wife wins money, feminine/gay/unfaithful husband gets none

the joke is on the husband because the sister is transgendered, which is disgusting and further punishment for his infidelity

it's juvenile humor that uses really predictable social stereotypes

i'm just saying, its not really that funny. it's like something you would see in a dated old housewife digest next to a jello cheesecake recipe

sorry, i guess it's funny to certain personality types i don't know
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options

a married couple treating each other crappy, a whiny, demanding husband who cheats, a bored, dim witted wife who humiliates her husband by telling him he looks like a girl, implying that men with feminine traits are repulsive

the joke is on the husband because the sister is transgendered, which is disgusting and further punishment for his infidelity

i'm just saying, its not really that funny. it's like something you would see in a dated old housewife digest next to a jello cheesecake recipe

I knew we were friends for a reason.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

^^this

I'm not easily offended and wasn't by this joke--just didn't find it particularly funny, but to each his own...
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I knew we were friends for a reason.

:happy:
  • mrs_deg1983
    Options
    Lol cute!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    LOVE IT!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow...it's a joke...I didn't read and assume this was bashing any sexual gender! If this offended anyone...I guess the author of the joke did their job...my posting (mind you copying and pasting) this joke had nothing to do with trans genders...some very sensitive people read to deep into everything! I'm not going to stop posting jokes I consider hilarious...I'm a brown skinned over weight female and I've been hated on in more ways than none and I'm still living...I know a good joke and this definitely is...what I don't understand is ...why continue reading??? You obviously felt it was a good read and joke as well...all the way to the end! C'mon give me a break!:huh:
    'I'm not going to stop posting jokes I find hilarous,' also translates as 'I'm not going to stop being transphobic because I find it hilarious.'

Obviously that's the correct way to go about thing. While we're all at it lets be racist, sizeist, homophobic and everything else as well, 'cause nothing's more hilarious than undermining people's existence.

The whole butt of the joke is "Ooops, the sister is transgender, which is disgusting because she's not a *real* woman, she's a man."

Which is as incorrect as it is unfunny.

We live in a ****ty ignorant society that has very little understanding of what it really means to be trans (implying a trans woman is really a man shows just how ignorant everybody is), and then people add to that by making jokes at the expensive of one of the most socially persecuted and undermined minorities in society. Your lack of understanding itself is obvious; "sexual gender", really? What the hell even is that? You do know being trans has **** all to do with sexual orientation, right.The social issues of being overweight or non-white is not comparable to the issues of being a trans person, and vice versa. So I don't see what point you're trying to make.

It's an unfunny joke in bad taste.

Making fun of the stereotypes of a minority is one thing.

Implying that the very existence of that person is hilarious isn't funny at all.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow...it's a joke...I didn't read and assume this was bashing any sexual gender! If this offended anyone...I guess the author of the joke did their job...my posting (mind you copying and pasting) this joke had nothing to do with trans genders...some very sensitive people read to deep into everything! I'm not going to stop posting jokes I consider hilarious...I'm a brown skinned over weight female and I've been hated on in more ways than none and I'm still living...I know a good joke and this definitely is...what I don't understand is ...why continue reading??? You obviously felt it was a good read and joke as well...all the way to the end! C'mon give me a break!:huh:
    'I'm not going to stop posting jokes I find hilarous,' also translates as 'I'm not going to stop being transphobic because I find it hilarious.'

Obviously that's the correct way to go about thing. While we're all at it lets be racist, sizeist, homophobic and everything else as well, 'cause nothing's more hilarious than undermining people's existence.

The whole butt of the joke is "Ooops, the sister is transgender, which is disgusting because she's not a *real* woman, she's a man."

Which is as incorrect as it is unfunny.

We live in a ****ty ignorant society that has very little understanding of what it really means to be trans (implying a trans woman is really a man shows just how ignorant everybody is), and then people add to that by making jokes at the expensive of one of the most socially persecuted and undermined minorities in society. Your lack of understanding itself is obvious; "sexual gender", really? What the hell even is that? You do know being trans has **** all to do with sexual orientation, right.The social issues of being overweight or non-white is not comparable to the issues of being a trans person, and vice versa. So I don't see what point you're trying to make.

It's an unfunny joke in bad taste.

Making fun of the stereotypes of a minority is one thing.

Implying that the very existence of that person is hilarious isn't funny at all.

You very eloquently stated everything that I was too furious to type in a calm manner. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Y'all are spending to much time on this post...your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine...if you have such a problem with the joke...why do you insist upon continuing to read the comments posted after your own...if voicing your OPINION is what will make you feel better...do so...I'm not going to argue with you all...85% of the people that have read this joke...are laughing...not at you...at the joke...don't take everything so personal...I wouldn't have known you insecurities if you wouldn't have posted them on this thread...My mother always told me, "You don't have to accept every invite to a argument or fight", so on that note...I decline your invite...argue and fight with yourself! have a blessed life.:flowerforyou:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Y'all are spending to much time on this post...your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine...if you have such a problem with the joke...why do you insist upon continuing to read the comments posted after your own...if voicing your OPINION is what will make you feel better...do so...I'm not going to argue with you all...85% of the people that have read this joke...are laughing...not at you...at the joke...don't take everything so personal...I wouldn't have known you insecurities if you wouldn't have posted them on this thread...My mother always told me, "You don't have to accept every invite to a argument or fight", so on that note...I decline your invite...argue and fight with yourself! have a blessed life.:flowerforyou:

But when your "joke's" punchline revolves around making light/finding disgust in someone's gender identity (which is a MAJOR source of bullying, self hatred, and self harm), your opinion is very hurtful to LGBTQ and their allies.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    lmao!