Have u found WATER to help you drop lbs?

Options

Replies

• nangel4u
    Options
    yes! it cleans you out sort of speak!!!
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No.

Regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle has helped drop the pounds. Water just helps keep me hydrated and feel full.

If it helps you feel full, then it has helped you drop the pounds by not overeating.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a lot of water and it's not helping me lose weight. But I know it's good for me.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Water is ESSENTIAL, whether you're trying to lose weight or not. It assists so many bodily processes. When you feel thirsty, that's the sign that the blood has become too concentrated so its important to keep drinking (about 2 litres or so).

With regards to weight loss, water helps in a number of ways. It helps you feel full (always drink a pint of water before every meal). It allows the body to flush water and toxins out- relieving water retention. If you don't drink much in the way of fluids, your body will hold on to water already in it. The more you drink, the less you will retain.

Also watch SODIUM! It makes the body hold onto water too.

Jx
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think water helps mostly by taking the place of higher-calorie drinks. Replacing one serving of soda or juice with plain water will save you 100-150 calories.

It is possible to drink too much water, but that requires drinking massive amounts of water in one sitting. A person who drinks a glass of water every hour need not worry.
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    Drinking more water helps your body to drop water weight. Lots of benefits to staying hydrated but hard work and making calories count are the reward and most helpful to me.

^^^^^^^^
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    No.

Regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle has helped drop the pounds. Water just helps keep me hydrated and feel full.

This except it does not keep me feeling full at all - no matter how much I drink. Also doesn't help with cravings. I said I was craving pizza the other day and someone said "drink an iced cold glass of water and you'll feel better" well, unless the water tastes like a slice of greasy pepperoni pizza, no, no I won't feel better!
    That being said I do drink a lot of it...I just don't think it's the "secret" to losing weight
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!
    Water is just amazing for your body.
    It helps your digestive process works better, keeps your skin brighter and nicer and hydrates you, making you feel better and keeps you fuller so you don't over eat. I try to have a glass before I eat and after. Then it's super easy to get in your 8 or so glasses a day.
    I can always tell when I haven't drank enough in one day, I feel more sluggish and bloated.

I'm not smart enough to remember the scientific reasons as to why water is good for your body but there are tons of them.

BUT even if people disagree that it helps you lose weight, they can't argue the fact that it's just a great thing for you and you should be drinking it regardless.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I love how water keeps those hunger pains away, and how it helps me function better during the day. :bigsmile:
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've saved a lot of money drinking tap water! And I feel a whole lot better when I'm properly hydrated.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!
    Water is just amazing for your body.
    It helps your digestive process works better, keeps your skin brighter and nicer and hydrates you, making you feel better and keeps you fuller so you don't over eat. I try to have a glass before I eat and after. Then it's super easy to get in your 8 or so glasses a day.
    I can always tell when I haven't drank enough in one day, I feel more sluggish and bloated.

I'm not smart enough to remember the scientific reasons as to why water is good for your body but there are tons of them.

BUT even if people disagree that it helps you lose weight, they can't argue the fact that it's just a great thing for you and you should be drinking it regardless.

^^THIS!!!!!!!! :-)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    As noted by others,
    * it satisfies thirst which is sometimes misinterpreted as hunger
    * it makes you feel more full
    * it helps other functions in your body work well

Other benefits include being less likely to get
    * that drawn, sick look that some people get when they lose weight too quickly or dry out their skin
    * headaches or sick in other ways from denydration
    * constipated
    * urinary track infections
    * hangovers
    * muscle cramps or soreness after exercising

Thanks GAsoulstar for the pointers to some relevant research. I've also noted some in a blog entry about water (mostly suggestions for how to drink more for people who weren't used to it) - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761
    And here's one more... http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/6-reasons-to-drink-water

(edited to fix the links)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    not at all.
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    YES! Water helps the body eliminate solids and other toxins, so you don't have those in your body! You actually bloat MORE when you don't drink enough.
    it is possible to drink too much water, causing low sodium balance and in severe cases neurologic complications.
    As for this, you have to drink a RIDICULOUS amount of water for this to happen. Think: Death Valley and drinking two gallons of water.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    When I'm craving something and don't know what it is, I reach for water first. Often the craving is not because I'm hungry but because I'm thirsty. If that doesn't do it, I try protein next because alot of the time that will satisfy the cravings before a carbohydrate will.
  • alameda9
    Options
    Absolutely. I try to get one 16 oz. bottle down before leaving the house, then carry a big jug with ice, a lid and straw and keep re-filling it all day. It really helps.
  • tlc22
    Options
    I have no doubt! I lost 25 pounds in my first 2 months of this 'escapade', and I didn't introduce the excercising until after that point. Water and good nutrition are the first keys to success in my opinion.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Water is important for a couple reasons. It helps to flush out toxins from your system. It also helps to get rid of extra water weight that you could be holding onto. I make sure I drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Water = Hydration

Hydration is a good thing.
    Dehydration is a bad thing.

Be good and drink water.
  • 4tlbs2go
    Options
    i start my weight loss journey by drinking water according to my weight as of today im 12lbs down