Another IIFYM post?

Options

Replies

• Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I clicked on this topic thinking "what the Hell is this IIFYM? More crap?"

That teaches me to read before making judgements! Well written, well thought out and makes perfect sense! :drinker:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    There's also a YouTube video in my profile with a guy giving a pretty good explanation of it as well.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    bumping because you rock!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power! Thanks SS!! and i believe surrounding oneself with knowledgeable people is more motivation which ultimately helps with overall success !
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is a great method for teaching people that in the presence of a varied and nutrient rich diet, the inclusion of some discretionary intake isn't going to be harmful provided that the total intake is appropriate.
    And this summarises everything perfectly. If only people would take the time to understand topics such as this before blowing up about them.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hence my pint of ice cream every night. The rest of my daily diet allows for this. IIFYM for the win!

Bolded part being a very key thing for people to understand. A lot of the ridiculousness would stop if people would realize that the entire diet as a whole needs to be considered before making statements about the individual food items.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    SS- The ONLY suggestion I have is maybe you should have titled the thread something more.....newbie friendly? I fear that the title is something that newbs might not immediately recognize, and therefore only people who already get the basic concept are going to read.....unfortunate! The WHOLE process would go so much more smoothly for people if they got this through their heads from day 1!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    SS- The ONLY suggestion I have is maybe you should have titled the thread something more.....newbie friendly? I fear that the title is something that newbs might not immediately recognize, and therefore only people who already get the basic concept are going to read.....unfortunate! The WHOLE process would go so much more smoothly for people if they got this through their heads from day 1!

I could put something about carbs or testicles or buttdarts in the title to draw in views.....

DOh, nvm can't edit titles.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What if it doesnt fit your macros....?

Like this guy and his french fry?
    23lnzpu.jpg
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hahaha!

Just giving this another bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I could put something about carbs or testicles or buttdarts in the title to draw in views.....

DOh, nvm can't edit titles.

Testicles in the title of the next one has my vote!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    love this! Makes total sense.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    You sir....are a genius. This sort of sums up the way I look at my meals lately, and its been working fine---Im eating well,mostly eating healthy---definately healthier than I used to...and never feel deprived in the least. If I really want that Five Guys burger, I can have it. Sometimes just knowing I can do that makes it easier to choose not to.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    How come the truly great posts around here don't get the views.. But all the stupid stuff does?

Don't get it!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    How come the truly great posts around here don't get the views.. But all the stupid stuff does?

Don't get it!

My thoughts exactly!! ^-^
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Don't get it!

He should have gone with the earlier suggestion of putting the word testicles in the title!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    bumping for the peeps from Europe
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Don't get it!

Try reposting this under the title "Fat does not weigh more than muscle" and you'll get plenty of views :)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I wish I'd read this a fortnight ago. Trying to explain to some smarty-pants-non-weight-losing-"friend" about how I wasn't "giving up" on my "diet" just because I had a piece of cheesecake.