Replies

• Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Perfect... Im curious too :)
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Big bust on these for me. I used canned pumpkin and vanilla yogurt, instead of the protein powder. I added a bit more flour because of the consistency of the yogurt. I baked for 30 minutes and they still weren't done inside. They were flat and pretty yucky!!! Guess I'll have to try again later and follow the recipe exactly.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Can't wait to try these. Will use Greek yogurt instead of protein powder and substitute oatmeal for the wheat flour (may have to add a bit more oatmeal because of the yogurt).
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    The link doesn't seem to be taking me anywhere... would it be too hard to post the recipie? I googled it but the first one that came up was by Paula Deen and I'm sure that one isn't healthy! LOL

Working fine for me but here you go:
    Ingredients:

1.5 Cup cooked sweet potato

1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
    Always looking for a good sweet potato recipe. bump!

1/2 Cup Vanilla protein powder

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 4 1 0 degrees. Mix ingredients in large bowl .

Form 10 – 12 balls. Place on non-stick cookie sheet.

Press through center of balls with the end of a mixing spoon to create hole.

Bake for about 20 minutes.

Baking time may vary. (17 minutes in my convection oven).

Sprinkle with sweetener, if desired.

Enjoy!

Looks yummy and bumping for later.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Okay so since a couple of people noted how it wasn't sweet enough, I decided to add 3 TEAspoons (added only about 50 cals to the recipe) of brown sugar and a couple packs of Truvia.

It came out gorgeous, but it's not a recipe I see myself making again as the taste just isn't that good, IMO. But I'm very happy to have tried a new recipe as I love baking and cooking on my off days. Thanks for the suggestion, OP!

I agree with this post. I tried two batches of these, one with pumpkin puree and one with baked sweet potato and the taste just wasn't that good. They are acceptable if you are craving baked goods and don't have any calories to spare, but they aren't good enough to become a go-to recipe at our house.
    AGREED NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO MAKE AGAIN
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump! and thanks
  • brandileigh78
    brandileigh78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options