Flagels!

So I just looked in the tracker for a everything flagel. Generic one is 400 calories, Einstein Bagel one is 160 calories. I got mine from my local bagel shop.

How many calories in a flagel!?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    What is a flagel?:huh:

If these are in the database, try weighing yours. It might give you a better idea which database entry is closest to yours.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Idk what one is either but it sounds like some kind of bagel hybrid.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    I'd like to know what a flagel is too!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    A flagel is a flat bagel. However, I'm sure the calories vary quite a lot depending what's on it and such.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    This is from Hampton Bagels found on the fat secret site - it does not have a weight of the serving size so it may not translate to where you got yours from. one other option is to weigh you flagel and then find a bagel in the food logs that uses weight as the unit of measure not just one serving. then you can just do the math to adjust to your "portion" size.

Hampton Bagels
    whole wh everything flagel

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Flagel

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 9Calories 110

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 190mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 6g

Vitamin A - Vitamin C -
    Calcium 4% Iron 6%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    * The information specified for this is food item,
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    I get Nature's Own whole wheat thin bagels only 110 calories. Really good!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Did you get it at a bakery or coffee shop or something? I'm guessing yes or you'd just scan the barcode right?
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    I eat the Thomas' flat everything bagels. I just scan the upc code with my phone app. Just use the average of a store bought one if the one you got is from a bakery.
  • Yes, I got mine from a bagel shop, so there are no nutritional facts listed for them. They are much more like a bagel than a Thomas' thin, so I know it wouldn't be 110 calories.

Hmmm.....
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Yes, I got mine from a bagel shop, so there are no nutritional facts listed for them. They are much more like a bagel than a Thomas' thin, so I know it wouldn't be 110 calories.

Hmmm.....

My curiosity got the better of me. Apparently a flagel is a bagel that has been smashed flat. So the calories would be similar to that vendors regular bagels. Any toppings/coatings would be slighter higher, as there is more surface area to cover.
  • lindagordon3
    lindagordon3 Posts: 1 Member
    A Flagel is NOT a smashed bagel. It is a flatter bagel because it has LESS dough. When I order a bagel, I have them scoop out ALL the soft bread. It's those extra carbs that you don't need. I'm from NYC where nobody would ever compare a good bagel to a Thomas' thin or any other bagel you buy in a store. Just not the same--taste or texture. If you're on a diet, DON'T eat a bagel. They have 3-400 calories depending upon the size. Add 1-200 calories for the butter (also depends upon how much butter they use).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Zombie thread