Introduction post

Jenna1972
Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
HI All!

Figured I should come out of lurkdom and introduce myself.

I am Jenna, 37, married to Larry, 39 for 16 years. We met 19 years ago when we were both in the Air Force. Back then, it was easy to stay fit as it was part of my job! Fast forward to now, where I sit in a desk job for the Army, create a million excuses to NOT exercise, and LOVE food.

I didn't do this as a New Year Resolution per se...but I did realize that when I was deleting every picture of me from our recent vacation: which created the motivation I sorely needed. I also have the support of my (annoying fit) husband (still in the Air Force) and co-workers and family. Finding this website is what tipped the scales in my mind. If all I do is focus on logging my food (and planning ahead) while learning to like exercise, I know I can lose the 71 pounds that I eventually need to lose. I will start with a goal of ten and work backwards from there. I may not have a drill sargeant behind me anymore but I sure need to start being my own!

I've never been one to beat myself up for being overweight. In fact, I have a highly overrated view of my body image because of my healthy past and was stunned to see the reality in pictures. I've slowly added about 4 pounds a year without noticing.

I look forward to getting to know others who are on this site. My question: What has been the best thing to happen to you because of the lost weight? What has been the biggest surprise?

Is there spell-checker on this?? LoL.
This discussion has been closed.