Size 18 gone!

Options

Replies

• chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm a happy girl myself, I used to have to buy all my clothes in the plus section of the stores. (22w anyone?) I can now get most of my clothes off the REGULAR size rack - I'm currently in a size XL!!! That's a size 18!!! I am so happy over it - and never felt better about it to boot!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Give them away... Put them all, in ahuge stack ... Or sell them on consignment if they are designer....greta work!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    as soon as something is too baggy in the trouser department it gets put into the charity bin. Some tops are easier to keep as a belt can pull them in. Also with winter coming, they great for layers. Well done with all your hard work
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    congrats! i am actually cleaning out my closets today and bagging up my size 18's for purple heart. i don't know if im going to get many size 16 items. i think i'm doing the reverse pregnancy tactic and living in leggings this fall as i shrink.
  • simplycee
    Options
    I got rid of my clothes as they got too big. To me, keeping them meant I planned to return to that size. I was once a size 18 pants. Today I am a comfortable size 6. I'll never let myself go like that again. I say good riddance...bag 'em up and donate them to your local thrift shop. Make room for those size 10's your thinking about.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I did that with my clothes haa ha never want to be that fat again :)
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great responses everyone! I am so glad to be rid of them! Someone made the comment about having too much clothes. And that is absolutely a problem for me! I have clothes of ALL sizes in my closet.

Here's to shrinking my wardrobe, and my waist!!!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    the second it is too big, I bag I throw it in the bag in my closet, when the bag is semi-full I give it away immediately!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Today I tried on a pair of size 16 pants and they fit! I am soooo happy - now heading for a size 14. I don't know if I have any clothes that small, but going to look around in my closet anyways. I've taken out all the size 18 pants and the 1X and 2X shirts and put them away in a bag. Going to donate to a charity.

My weight loss journey started in August 2011 at 188 lbs - now down to 160. Joined MFP in Oct. 2011 and haven't looked b ack.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I gave aways all of my clothes as they got too big on me little by little to friends and family. I knew that i never ever wanted to go back into them so no need to hold on to them.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am going to hold onto one shirt and one pair of pants, only so I can keep taking progression pics in them. I love how people are doing their pictures in the same outfit each time, because it really drives home how much of a change there's been. Other than that, I am getting rid of everything else :)

That is a great idea, my fatter clothes are hidden under my bed. This week they will go to Goodwill, minus one pair of pants for the day I can stand in one leg! :)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I love giving away clothes that are too big! Sadly, I've done it before and then had to buy bigger sizes again. :(
    BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!!!
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to do this :)
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Good for you! That's an awesome feeling, isn't it???? I too, have a pile of size 18 clothes I have to bundle and give away....my closet is shrinking! Keep up the great work, and best wishes to you!! :drinker:
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I hope it helps because that is my current plan. I'm going through my closet. Getting rid of the 20's. The 18's are next. Heading for the 10/12's or lower, just like you!!!
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I also get rid of mine. I'd burn them if I could ;)
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I donated all my old clothes except for one pair of my 24s (the biggest i got) ...
    I kept them only as a reminder of how big I got..never going there again. Currently a 7/8.
    Great work. you are doing well! :)
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just about cleaned out my closet this week. I have dropped from a 14 to a 8 pants. Large and xlarge tops to a medium. I like to get rid of too big clothes.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful thing! I went from an 18 to 16 and bought two pairs of jeans that are 16's over the weekend. They're a more fitted cut and I heard lots of "Wow, you look really skinny!" yesterday. That's a bit of a stretch of the imagination, but it's great to feel like your smaller. I wish I'd have thought to have kept a pair of my size 20's like others suggested. It would be very cool for you to take some itty bitty after pictures holding those up in front of you!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't believe all the inspiration I get from reading these posts! You guys are all amazing!!! Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm definitely getting rid of everything as I go down! 20's are GONE, 18's are GONE, 16's are 3/4 GONE (few tops "hanging" around) ... and just bought my first pair of 14 pants last weekend. Then today I was noticing they are loose in the upper thigh. Body is definitely changing shape and I don't want ANY possible way of going back up!

Too bad we didn't have an MFP consignment boutique!

You look great ... All the best @ reaching you goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!