HELP! Binging to mask the pain!

Options
When I started MFP I was about 2 weeks into my maternity leave...now I'm on my last day with my babies before going back to work and I've spent the whole weekend binging beyond belief. I'm afraid I'm going to keep this up with the added stress in my life going back to work and I need some help.

Replies

• workoutgirl23
    Options
    .i know how you feel. i've been binging tons and tons lately. eating trays of brownies all by myself. its been horrible. but i've finally decided enough is enough. it will be ok. just stay strong. and try to get some healthier snacks to reach out for and munch on when you feel the urge to binge. hang in there.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You might be binging too because, I dunno if you talked to your doctors or anything about a diet, but I was told to not limit myself for at least 6 weeks post-partum. I wouldn't worry about trying to lose any weight at all until you're healed and feeling better again after having your baby (babies)?

I've been binging for 2 days now because of things going on in my life too, it helps, until you wake up feeling like crap from what you ate and how much.
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Binging isn't puking...Binging is like eating evrything in site...I do that too. It SUCKS! I wish I knew what to say to you to make it stop, BUT...you are not alone... It will get better, right? ;)
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    When I started MFP I was about 2 weeks into my maternity leave...now I'm on my last day with my babies before going back to work and I've spent the whole weekend binging beyond belief. I'm afraid I'm going to keep this up with the added stress in my life going back to work and I need some help.

Are you masking "pain" or "stress", there is a difference. As you said on your home page, you can lose the weight and can prove it with pictures. WELL get going, your have two beautiful baby girls. You and your hubby should do it together. Someday he is going to walk them down the isle, do it in shape. We all have stress, just learn to handle it with positive steps. Talk a walk, and walk like you are on a mission!!! Drink water after and congratulate your self for taking the steps. Not only will you start feeling better, but you will begin losing weight. Happy ending, and we all deserve a happy ending.
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What beautiful girls you have! It looks like they take after their pretty mom...Sometimes, for me, overeating a response to something that is lacking. As you are a new mom with two little ones, the first thing that come to mind mind is that you are probably not getting enough sleep, and that can have a huge impact on your appetite and mood, feelings of hunger, craving carbs, etc. Try to fit in some naps if you can (I've found that a 30 minute nap after work does wonders) and see if your husband will help with the night time feedings. Your body is still healing, and especially if you're breastfeeding, you need some extra nutrition. Try adding some extra protein to your diet-that often helps me with cravings. And try to make some "you" time to attend to your own needs, and do some things that give you a rush -dancing, visiting with friends, shopping for a new outfit, getting a manicure, sex (:D) etc. You deserve it, and it may reduce your stress, and help with the cravings. Congratulations, and good luck!