Pedometer Issue

Options
I bought a pedometer the other day, the same one my mom has because she said it was good (New Balance Via Mini Calorie Monitor). However, no matter how I set the sensitivity, it's consistently off by 5-10 steps. I've currently got it on less sensitive but it counted 22 steps when I only took 18 counting on my own. Is it that big of a deal? Should I keep trying to fix it or just trust that it's close enough to right?

Replies

• Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would say being a couple steps off is okay, but you're almost 20% off what you should be. My suggestion is to make sure. It is vertical where you clipped it and to make sure it is succured to a firm waistband. Any vertical motion might be counted as a step, such as kneeling down. Here is a more detailed explanation if you're interested.

http://www.new-lifestyles.com/content.php?_p_=26

The bad news is maybe the one you have might be defective, but try the things listed here before looking for a replacement.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have one and sometimes it messes up also....All in all, it's pretty correct though.I usually attach it on my jean pocket because it is more accurate there...