Starting No Equipment Strength Training, need some advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Push ups, squats, lunges, planks, crunches..........

Adding dips to this list.

+ chinups
  • BouleBuns
    Options
    I've had good success with the original Jorge Cruise "Eight Minutes in the Morning," initially uses just dumb bells ... eventually I got ankle weights, but you don't need to start. Basic weight training, much with your own weight, and really is something I can do, given the time scenario!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Use your own weight. For example: stand up and put your 2 hands in front of a wall, your legs together and then do the same movement as push ups; the more separation between you and the wall more effort; try to make 1000 of those. Standing push-ups.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Check out the bodyweight group here. I also recommend You Are Your Own Gym a book by Mark Lauren along with the app of the same name for Android devices (around $2 in the market). The book is one of the best on bodyweight training. I would suggest doing something more full body than so focused on specific muscle groups.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Go to www.fitnessblender.com and do the exercise routines for the body part you're interested in. They come in video and text.

Good luck!