cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-14-1/2 ounce (414ml) can Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
1 tablespoon Vodka
3 tablespoons Fat Free or Skim Milk
3 tablespoons grated Romano Cheese

Directions:
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting the salt, if desired.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a place.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoons oil in the same skillet. Add the onion & garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes & vodka; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & simmer uncovered, about 2 minutes. Add the sausage & milk, simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with the Pasta.

Per Serving (1 cup pasta with scant 1/2 cup sauce): 235 cals, 8g fat, 2g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 2.6 mg. Cholesterol, 574mg Sodium, 28g Carb, 2g Fibre, 12g Protein, 83mg Calcium.

Replies

• DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    SAUSAGE & PENNE WITH VODKA-TOMATO SAUCE
    Makes SIX - 1 cup pasta with scant 1/2 cup sauce servings

Ingredients:
    6 ounces (170g) Penne Pasta
    3 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1-9 ounce (255g) pkg. fully cooked Chicken or Turkey Sausage,
    cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
    1 onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1-14-1/2 ounce (414ml) can Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
    1 tablespoon Vodka
    3 tablespoons Fat Free or Skim Milk
    3 tablespoons grated Romano Cheese

Directions:
    1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting the salt, if desired.
    2. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a place.
    3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoons oil in the same skillet. Add the onion & garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes & vodka; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & simmer uncovered, about 2 minutes. Add the sausage & milk, simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with the Pasta.

Per Serving (1 cup pasta with scant 1/2 cup sauce): 235 cals, 8g fat, 2g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 2.6 mg. Cholesterol, 574mg Sodium, 28g Carb, 2g Fibre, 12g Protein, 83mg Calcium.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    tht sounds really great!!!

Are u using whole wheat penne?
    And what brand of sausages are u using?
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    tht sounds really great!!!

Are u using whole wheat penne?
    And what brand of sausages are u using?
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    It is really good Fuzz Buzz. In fact, the family had it for dinner yesterday.

All we eat is whole wheat pasta and the sausages are Piller's Turkey Sausage. To cheat on time and the oil, I grill the sausages first on the barbeque and cut the oil in the recipe down to 1-2 tsps., although I do claim all the points and cals.

When I first started this journey, my goal was to find recipes that the rest of the family liked too...I have a super meatloaf recipe but I need to get the nutritional in calories ( I only have it pointed for WW's). It was just too much trying to cook separately for them.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    sounds like a lot of food. It's just my husband and I so I don't know if this is something that would work. Sounds totally yummy though.
    Does anyone have easy and fast yet good things like thos mini pot pies .I made those and they came out great. I'd like to see more stuff like that.
  • DianneLynn
    Options
    Actually its not alot and it freezes well...there are only 3 of us here. The only time I've had to freeze any is when I specifically making freezer meals for myself ~ its so good, it usually gets gobbled up in someone's lunch.

Ynot ..I really don't know about the "pot pie" thingee...perhaps if you search the recipes in the Recipe Section here, you might find what you are looking for?