how do I not turn off the video?

Options
That's my problem in a nutshell, with working out at home.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    That's my problem in a nutshell, with working out at home.

I guess I don't get what ya mean!!!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Huh? :huh:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the original poster means how do they stay motivated to complete an exercise video at home--rather than turning it off before it is finished??? If not, I am not sure either....
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the original poster means how do they stay motivated to complete an exercise video at home--rather than turning it off before it is finished??? If not, I am not sure either....

yup!
  • acdkatie
    Options
    Maybe its not healthy for you to be doing the whole video in the first place. Start with smaller goals like get through 15 minutes, then the next time you do it go for 20 minutes things like that. If you haven't exercised in a while chances are you are not in good enough shape to finisha whole work out video.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but I have been going to the gym for years. When I get there, put on my music I can do the elliptical/treadmill/whatever for 30-45 mins. But at home I get a bit bored or think of other things I have to do and just turn off the video. I also haven't really found a good one--I'd love a good at home step aerobics video.

I don't turn it off b/c I'm out of breath, I just...well I dunno. Get bored/distracted. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Maybe you need a different workout.......one that is more interesting to you.........or just do 20 minutes, then do something else, then come back and do 20 more minutes.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Go back to the gym!!! I feel the same way. Ive been staring at the P90X tapes since I got them (4 wks ago :blushing: ) and I just got distracted. The only time I "push" myself is when I'm physically at the gym so I know that I need to go. When I get home I have energy galore so Im going to try to incorporate the program when I've already put in some cardio and amped myself up.

If you cant get to the gym, why not try a 20 min. power walk to get the blood flowing? You will have good energy to move on to the video portion of your workout regime...

I also agree with trying different tapes until you find something you really like and wont be distracted from.

Good Luck!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'm the same way. The only ones I can get thru are the biggest loser workouts. And only Bobs workouts to be exact. :smooched:

Any other video, I fast forward, turn off, or just watch and make fun of the instructor:laugh: ....or if its Jillian, I throw stuff at the tv. :mad:

I love Jillian as a person, but man that chick really gets me angry. :grumble: :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have never had a gym membership and have almost solely relied on videos at home. Some of my favorites are any Turbo Jam (love the music), Biggest Loser Cardio Max, BL Power Sculpt, now getting into some of Jillian Michaels' videos, and some Billy Blanks stuff. I have never turned a video off unless there was some sort of emergency going on. It's just determination to get through the video.