Starting a New Meal Plan - Suggestions/Comments?

Options
Hi guys, I'm going to start this 28-day vegetarian meal plan that I found on www.eatingwell.com. I tried to do it in the past but I ended up giving up on it because it required me to prepare 3 full meals and snacks every day. Working full time, I found it very hard to fit in time to cook these recipes. I really want to go through with the meal plan because it will give me something structured to fall back on and keep me away from my old snacking habits. Any suggestions or comments on how to manage work and preparing 3 meals a day without feeling overwhelmed? If anyone has tried this meal plan I'd love to know how it worked out for you and how you did it. Thanks! =)

Replies

• GiGi_FIERCE
    Options
    i do one prep day a week on a day like sat or sunday. if i have tons of time, i can get almost one month's worth of meals into the freeezer on a prep day.

here is one of my posts on what i do. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GiGi_FIERCE/view/answered-prep-day-questions-348240
  • lisa_latif
    lisa_latif Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks GiGi_FIERCE! That helps alot!
  • DevSea
    Options
    If you are okay with freezing it, definitely go for it...If you don't want to freeze your meals, I would suggest setting aside the hour before you get settled down for bed, and prepare the meals that you aren't able to make at home...it makes it a whole lot easier.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can with it. Don't worry if you aren't perfect, it matters more that you stick to a calorie plan than a diet plan. Do it if you like it, and don't beat yourself up if you don't follow it perfect every day. Remember if you stay within calorie range you will still win the game. Have fun with the diet.

Best of luck to you!
  • lisa_latif
    lisa_latif Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you DevSea and Californiagirl! The motivation and suggestions help a lot!
  • bjalexander6196
    Options
    If you like fresh fruits and veggies, you can have quite a bit for the amount of calories they are and the fiber helps you feel full. They also don't require any preparation other than peeling and cutting up!! Good Luck!! Barb