Isn't it funny....

Options
When I didn't care what I ate I never measured anything I just ate it. I hate plain milk so just now I added some nesquick to it. I did just 1 tablespoon, tasted it and decided that was all that I needed. Before I would have just gone ahead and put in both tablespoons and they probably would have been heeping at that! :laugh:

Replies

• hammersshells
    Options
    Good for you! Amazing how our tastes change as we become more conscience of what we put in our bodies. Today I was standing in my kitchen and I decided I would indulge in one of the cookies someone gave me for xmas. I bit it and it did not really taste THAT good, and I thought "man this is a lot of calories for something I am not even enjoying". so I spit it out in the trash can and threw the rest away. The old me would have eaten the rest of the cookie (at least) even though it wasn't great. lol :wink:
  • RL83
    RL83 Posts: 15
    Options
    i totally know what you mean about the cookies! my friend gave me 3 bags of the big & soft chips ahoy cookies, i took one bite and finished the to see if the taste would get any better (it didn't sadly) i threw them away and ended up pawning off the last 2 bags to my family when i got home.
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    I on the other hand .. on Christmas my child always goes over to her dads side where they have delicious homemade peanut buttter balls. I asked her to bring me a few back and she brought me a WHOLE jar! I had one and they were like pringles I jus couldn't stop eating them .. Mmmmm .. they were worth every bite .. hehe .. I deff stayed@da gym and burned double my calories.
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    it is funny-- when you measure things you really start to realize.. wow... THATS a tablespoon??? I never really realized when I didnt pay attention to labels and serving sizes just how much I was really using.. i would just slather, pour, etc.. it on. And the thing is, a serving size is usually PLENTY.. no wonder I was so overweight.. when you double and triple servings those calories add up fast!

slim- pb balls.. omg.... i can not blame you. peanut butter is my weakness but especially peanut butter and chocolate together. My brother made cheesecake truffles and also oreo truffles.. you'd think i'd died and gone to heaven!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I refused to make peanut butter balls this year. As a matter of fact I did no Christmas baking whatsoever. My teenage son was ticked!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I still love the taste of everything, sadly lol

but I did notice that eating crappy foods really made me feel crappy inside, physically
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I, like Vicky did no holiday baking- with the exception of the red velvet cake for Christmas dinner (and my dad's birthday) but since we had everyone over, there was very little left over.. I paced myself too, so what was left over wasn't wolfed down...before I would have had a piece of cake at every meal. EVEN breakfast.. I just can't say no to that stuff, so it's easier not to have it in the house.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean by it's easier not to have it in the house. What I do is buy whatever it is I want (or make it, like cookies or a cake), at the store I may eat one or two of the cookies or whatever and give the rest to the cashier to put in their break room. Also, what I do like right now is after the holidays, I take a lot of my cookies and breads to a soup kitchen. I'm helping myself AND I'm helping someone else.
  • RL83
    RL83 Posts: 15
    Options
    cannot resist peanut butter balls... OM NOM NOM