I don't know what to do about my diet?

Options
So I don't really get a lot of time to do a really good vigorous cardio work out to help me burn my calories so I don't like going over my MFP recommendation of 1,200 calories but then I see that some women on here eat like 2,000 calories a day, is that because you work out properly to be able to do a good burn?
I'm just worried that I'll end up doing all this wrong like the foods I'm eating just aren't healthy enough and I'm not doing the right workouts and I won't lose weight/inches and be healthy like I want to be :(

Replies

• seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    They eat more based on their BMR/how many calories their body burns at rest. If you aren't exercising regularly, you may have less lean muscle and burn less calories. I try to do a combo of both. Some people say that they eat back half of the calories that they burn. Keep in mind when you log exercise, mfp may not have accurate calorie measurements, so be aware....it is a moving target, so look at how you feel and how your body reacts over time.
  • xProjectxShapeshiftx
    Options
    cardio is good for fat burn, but being a new mummy i know its hard to fit it in. try running in place or dancing while she's asleep. or put her in the carriage and go for a long walk (they love it anyway!). as far as calories, i am definately the wrong person to give advice on this. i only eat about 150 a day. my "high cal" days average maybe 300 cals, so im not the right woman to ask about this if your looking for a healthy example---but if you switch out most your foods for "whole foods", high fibrous nutrient dense foods---youll lose weight if your not doing that already. also watch the sodium, causes pretty intense bloating and water storage into the muscles which leads you to think your hungry when your not. Read the labels of foods. If you see an ingredient and you cant pronounce what it says, dont eat it. the additives they put in food promote obesity and food addiction xx
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for replying :)

I normally only take notice of the calories part of the labels so i will definitely be checking for things i cant even say now!
    Thank yooou :) xx
  • emarose90
    Options
    Hi Amanda :)

Have you heard of/seen Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? She has a few other workour DVDs, but I've only done this one so far. The whole DVD (warm up, workout and cool down) only takes 25 minutes but is a brilliant way to get in both cardio and strength training. Maybe you could try one of these while your little girl is having a sleep etc?

The idea is to do it for 30 days straight, but if you're stuggling for time just do it as and when you can. You only do an exercise for 30 seconds and then you change, so it doesn't get boring but it's a great and pretty intense workout.

I hope this helps!

On a side note... Lauren are you really only eating 150-300 cals a day? How can you get by on this? That's a very low and dangerous calorie intake.

Emma x
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Last year this time, I was eating ~1200 cals/day and spending 1.5hrs in the gym 4 days/week. Was I losing weight? You bet! Then I got sick in October. Then I got REALLY sick in November...this lasted until February. Needless to say, there was no gym time, but I was still eating 1200 cals. This continued until July. I lost a few pounds, but it only really came off when I worked out. Then I stopped eating grains, stopped eating so many carbs, and started eating more fat. Now, weight and inches are just falling off.

My goal this time around was to be able to lose weight from the way I eat. I still exercise, but not for weight loss. That way I know even if (more like when lol) life gets crazy and I can't commit to a high level of activity, my diet will keep my weight off and keep me healthy. High fat, low carb seems to be the key.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, so sorry for the late reply back, I wish this website gave you notifications lol!
    I have heard of that actually Emma I just thought it was a diet lol, I'll have to get on Amazon/Ebay and try and get one and hope it works! Thank you :) xx

Thanks for your reply Danied13 :) I do try to keep to 1,200 but I always seem to be under unless I go out for a meal then I tend to go a couple hundred over, I'll keep an eye on my fat and carbs and see if I can get the carbs down, how much fat and carbs would you suggest I eat on a daily basis? Xx