Deja Vu & Mixed Emotions

lovechocolate
lovechocolate Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I joined MFP a year ago and lost 20lbs in 5 months. I enjoyed the challenge of improving my diet and getting fit, so found the weight loss quite easy. However - big however - I think I went too far. I started running 3 times a week and think it exhausted me. I picked up a virus and misaligned my back, and had to stop exercising for 3 months. I thought I had post-viral fatigue because I had no energy in my body, particularly my arms. However, when I went to the physio she told me the misalignment was putting pressure on the nerves in my back which was affecting my arms. Well, anyway, over the past six months, I have put the all the weight back on. I associate weight loss with deprivation so felt I needed to indulge in comfort food and rest to feel better :-) To be honest I feel great at the moment so I am going to go very easy, look to lose 10lbs over the next 3 to 4 months and not push myself too hard (ie. walking rather than running). Maybe my body doesn't like to be too slim (I am pear shape and when I lose weight it goes off my face and neck making me look gaunt). Does anyone else have mixed emotions about losing weight? I think my healthy weight is around 148-150 lbs so thats what I'm aiming for, but SLOWLY this time.
This discussion has been closed.