payday tomorrow- your top food/supplements 5 items and why?

Options
13»

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I do my payday shopping at Costco usually, so I typically grab:

Asparagus, raw (awesome roasted in the oven and thoroughly covered with lemon juice)
    Granny Smith apples (I'm not a big fruit fan, but I like these)
    Nonfat Greek yogurt (being a gluten-free vegetarian, I rely on this as a pretty good portion of my protein)
    CoQ10 (good for inflammation and improving skin elasticity)
    Hearts of Palm (just because I LOOOVE them)

If I'm not going to Costco but to the regular grocery store:

Diana's Bananas Banana Babies (chocolate dipped frozen bananas-- absolutely delicious and a better choice than an ice cream bar)
    Big pack of thin corn tortillas (my main "bread" since I am avoiding gluten)
    Fennel bulbs (only if they look good/are on sale, I like these a lot, but nutritionally they are probably just sort of meh)
    Red onions (onions are good and good for you!)
    Canned tomato products with no salt added (avoiding sodium and find it much more convenient than making my own sauce in my teeny kitchen)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Popcorn kernels, and if you can get it kernel seasons. Low calorie seasoning. Low calorie, high fiber, satisfying snack.

String cheese or mini cheese. Good snack, with protein. Fills lots of gaps for me.

Maximum strength vitamin c.... Keeps you healthy!

Chicken... So many different things you can do with it!

Protein bars or powder. Good for when meat supply is running low and for a meal replacement if your on the go!