Protein Goal

Options
I am still having trouble hitting my protein goal. I am a carba-holic, I already know that so don't feel a need to point it out to me. I know. As far as meat, I only eat chicken and tuna. I eat Oatmeal with protein powder mixed in, I eat scrambled eggs quite often. I eat tuna 2-3 times a week for lunch. I eat greek yogurt everyday. I have a protein bar everyday as well as a protein shake. Need some other ideas here. I was eating an oz. of cheese daily but I backed off on that even tough I can actually use the extra fat.

Replies

• LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    try this site :smile:

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

If you Google 'high protein foods' there are tons of websites that will be helpful x
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    try this site :smile:

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

If you Google 'high protein foods' there are tons of websites that will be helpful x

You may want to consider a protein shake as a supplement.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary, your protein goal is 179g? That seems way too high to me. I think you'd have to overeat on calories to reach that. If you feel okay then I wouldn't worry about hitting that.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think a good rule of thumb (that I read in more than one place) is to strive for 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of lean body mass.

You have to do a little math to get this number. You calculate your % of body fat and then convert that into pounds of body fat, and then subtract that number from your total weight in pounds and that's your lean body mass. I did my % body fat at Fat To Fit Ratio.

I know the estimates of % body fat are woefully inadequate, but I figure if I use the same way to calculate every time, it's hopefully not too far off.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40/30/30, so my protein is supposed to be a little higher than average. I average 45-50, 25, 25. I just want to a do a little better. I can hit it on days that I eat both eggs and tuna, but I'm getting sick of it.