White Trash Pizza

Options
Back in my heaviest days, I used to take two thick slices of bread from the bakery (you know, the evil white bread covered with cheesy goodness on top that tasted like it had about 5x as many carbs as normal bread, and was just so good... ok, i'll stop), slather a ton of tostito's brand salsa on there, pile it high with mexican blend cheese and heat it up in the microwave until the mountain of cheese had turned gooey.

I was really craving that today so I decided to make a healthy variant of it:

2 slices of high fiber flax & sunflower seed 100% whole wheat bread (180 calories)

Top the bread with about 8 grape tomatoes, sliced (25 calories)

Add a little garlic powder/salt for taste

Then top with 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim, low moisture) distributed between the 2 pieces (80 cals)

Turn the oven to broil and stick it in for about a minute and a half... and there you go, 280 calorie delicious white trash pizza!

Replies

• NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I make something similar to this in the oven but instead of sauce I use jalapenos and put swiss on top. Not similar in taste, but in preparation. I have a bit of a spicy addiction :x

Great recipe Love the name btw!

Also, nature's own makes white bread, wheat bread, and honey wheat bread that's only 40 calories per slice if you want to cut the caloric value a bit!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yum that sounds good!
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump