Body Beast

Options
Has anyone tried Body Beast or heard any reviews besides those posted on Beachbody's site? I'm interested in another workout program but thought I would ask around.

Replies

• ceajules
    Options
    I am going to start it in November i have seen some amazing results let me know if you want to do it with me (at the same time)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have seen someone's training log for it, and it is not the best type of routine for a novice lifter. It isn't really even great for an intermediate.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend it for a novice lifter...or for an intermediate lifter (me)...it deals a lot in power lifting and bulking, I like my P90X, its my stock routine..i use it at the gym, at home, it gives me strength and flexibility, without looking like a pumped up bullfrog. I see no reason why a woman would need Body Beast.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Women don't get to looking like "pumped up bullfrogs" naturally, and certainly not in a short amount of time. There is nothing wrong (and plenty of right) with women lifting heavy. It's just that body beast is not a good routine for novice lifters based on frequency\volume. It is a high volume body part split with muscles worked once per week whereas beginners are better served with high frequency low volume full body workouts.