Addicted to the scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• Danimal214
    Danimal214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done that. I agree with most and only weigh yourself once every one to two weeks. Get rid of the scale! Also, maybe if you take measurements of everything else like neck, waist, arms, thighs, BMI and body fat you wont be just concentrated on the one number.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    On most days I weigh twice - once first thing in the morning, and then last thing at night. I find that if I "lose" less than 2 pounds overnight, I wasn't properly hydrated the day before (or my daughter actually slept most of the night instead of nursing). I only compare cycle day to cycle day (ie, where am I on the day af starts compared to the last cycle), and am completely emotionally detached from the scale, it is only a data point, and by no means the most important one. If I'm going for a long run, I'll weigh before and after, and only to figure out how much more to rehydrate after - my run today, I was 3 pounds lighter after, so I knew I needed to get in an additional liter and a half of fluid.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a scale addict .... sometimes.
    I try to make it so that I only hop on once a week... but even that's hard for me. Somedays I'll go on multiple times to see how it fluctuates throughout the day, especially since you way the least right away in the morning....Usually I either have to put it away some place where it's an annoyance to get it out often, or I'll make someone else hide it from me.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a scale addict .... sometimes.
    I try to make it so that I only hop on once a week... but even that's hard for me. Somedays I'll go on multiple times to see how it fluctuates throughout the day, especially since you way the least right away in the morning....Usually I either have to put it away some place where it's an annoyance to get it out often, or I'll make someone else hide it from me.
    That's funny:bigsmile:
    It's probably interesting to see how/why/when it fluctuates. I don't own one...just have never gotten around to buying one. I always use the one at the gym.