Any good taco recipes??

This is my second week of a new life style change and I LOVE TACOS! Anyone have any recipes and pics of tacos? THANK U :D

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    bump lmao just cause im curious to. back in the day i could eat 24 home made tacos :( but
    im recently looking into using ground chicken or turkey. finding a low calorie tortilla shell or making a tostada shell cause i love crunchy tacos. and low fat cheese and veggies. tons of lettuce and veggies lol
    Try making tacos normally and using healthier ingredients.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    I make mine with 93% lean ground beef and a packet of low sodium taco seasoning. The crunchy taco shells you can buy at the grocery store are surprisingly low in calories. Top with low fat cheese , salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, onions etc. You could always use lean ground turkey or boneless skinless chicken breasts.
  • Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    I started making mine with ground turkey and I will never go back. My husbad agrees, they are so much better. It just seems to pick up the flavor a lot more. I add black beans, corn and chopped tomatoes right in to the meat mixture. The meat mixture itself is about 80 calories per serving, 11 g. of protein and 10 carbs.
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    i boil chicken and then spice them up with stuff from my herb cabinet or you can buy taco seasoning from the store but they have too much salt and I have seen some with sugar in it. dice up tomatoes and anything else I want on them. Buy everything low or no fat. throw it on a bed of shredded lettuce and call it dinner. sometimes with a shell sometime without.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    I use ground turkey (I don't eat beef) and the Old El Paso reduced sodium taco seasoning. If you want to make your own seasoning and possibly limit salt a little more you can mix cumin, chili powder, paprika and a splash of hot sauce (Tapatio has a good kick). Tortilla wraps are somewhere around 120 calories each, but three white corn taco shells are the same calorie count. Toppings I just limit to shredded lettuce or shredded cabbage, tomato and shredded Mexican blend cheese.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Put 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot, sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook on high 4 hours, low for 6 hours. Shred chicken. Put it in a tortilla or taco shell.
    Or use ground turkey in place of beef.
    Or eat beef and don't eat 24 of them.
    Or do a taco salad instead. For dressing-sour cream and salsa all mixed together.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    So, I'll admit that my perspective is probably off since I grew up in the Southwest, but.....

You need a recipe for tacos? seriously?

Some form of tortilla
    Some form of meat seasoned with some form of chili
    Some sort of leafy stuff
    Some sort of tomatoe-y stuff
    Something hot
    Optional accessories (i.e. - guacamole, sour cream)

NO CORN!! (except what's ground into the tortilla)