Losing weight but not inches

Options
Since starting MFP I have lost about 16 pounds. Everyone has said I look slimmer but I have measured and I have lost only 2 inches in my hips and 1 from my stomach. :( I work out almost everyday and try to stay in the 1200-1400 calorie range. I do some weights but not a lot since I work out at home. I don't own all the fancy weight machines obviously. I know stomach fat is always last to go. Could that be the problem? Could I may in fact be slimming down and not know it because I am too focused on my stomach? I know my clothes are somewhat looser and I did manage to get into some size 12 jeans instead of my usual size 13. But why is the measuring tape not moving? Can anyone explain this? Maybe I will have to start doing some other sort of exercise other than my cardio and light weight lifting.

Replies

• randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Oh girl I feel your pain I am in the same boat.I too range around 1200-1300. I've lost 19 pounds and went from a 12/10 to an 8 people @ work comment that I lost and look good. The measuring tape doesn't agree only lost 2 on hips and 1 on waist. I can not explain it. I'm trying a new cardio/weight work out its a 36 day program hoping that might help. Good luck.