Baby Weight

Options
Hi All. I am new here. I am trying to lose baby weight. I have had three children in the fast five years and wow oh wow did my body get trashed! They are a joy but man. I am 5'10 and I was 160 lbs before having kids. Prior to having kids at one point I weighed 200 lbs. I started going to the gym four times a week and watching what I ate and lost 40 lbs and maintaned that for a year. Then the kids came. My first child died 3 weeks after she was born so I went into a depression and just ate my way through the grief I guess. I developed fat eating habits and now that I look at my hot looking pre pregnancy pics I am like wtf. Is baby weight harder to lose then other weight? Can I get rid of the kangaroo pouch? I started walking a mile a day but I do not see a difference in numbers. It has been about three weeks. I know that is not long but I am so confused. I am 29 and want to loose this weight and look hot again.. Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Jenn

Replies

• jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. My heart is broken for you... My daughter is 6 months, I can't even imagine the pain of losing her. Hugs*
    I lost my baby weight almost immediately..but then put ten more on. Yuck! But now, that I have lost 16, my tummy is a little loose from baby still. It is tightening though! It becoming less and less poochy (as I call it... Ha)! It's taken more focus on my part than it has in the past... But it could be that I'm not 20 anymore. But I'm only 25... I've been told it will tighten, just give it time. I started with a nutrition plan from a fitness competitor who's 40... She's amazing. She encourages me, challenges me and gives me support. She's also told me I NEED to do 5 hours/wk of cardio to drop the fat quick. I've been hitting about 4... It's been doing wonders. I also started using bodyrock.tv. The workouts are intense and typically 20 min. Which as a mom, I appreciate!
    You can do this! You will look hot!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    So sorry about first baby. Over time, the pooch gets better. Give it more time. Bodyrock.tv workouts actually helped my pooch a lot. It's still saggy when I am sitting or bent over, but it's a lot better.
  • robinsonmama
    robinsonmama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am joining the gym tonight. I need to get rid of this baby sag.