Back on the Wagon

Options
Hi guys. I used MFP last year/the year before (Jill927) and it was great. It was merry. I lost 40 lbs, and kept it all off for months. Then I graduated myself and over the last year 10 lbs has crept back on, almost solely due to lack of exercise and pure laziness. YIKES! So I'm back. I'm better than ever. One of my new roommates is a dietetics major so that should help haha. My biggest goal is to run a half marathon in September with my sister.

:D

Replies

• amberselveywest
    Options
    I am just wondering what you are doing to get ready for the race? I am going to try and do one in October with my sister and I can't even run a little right now. How far are you running each day? The only race I have done is a 5K and we just walked it, it was for a good cause:)
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    I'm going to follow the "Couch to 5K program" to try to be up to running a 5K by mid-March. Then I'm going to figure out a training program to build me up to a 10 k and then finally one to build me up to a half marathon. :D

Don't feel bad, we all start somewhere. I got pneumonia this fall and so now, even though I'm fully recovered I can still only run like a block and a half. Grrrr......... So I'm starting from scratch too.
  • amberselveywest
    Options
    Thank for the info and website. I will check it out for sure, I need to get started soon. I have a really long way to go, 13 miles is so far. I have lost 10 pounds since New Years Eve, but I still have about 80 to go. :)