Read this before buying futbit

Options
Two new ones will be out soon. Zip and one. Released 17 September and October. Not sure about UK though.
Google it. Can't believe it, spent months deciding to buy. Now I have, they bring out a newcomer almost immediately!!!The zip can be bluetoothed to some phones and has a vibrating alarm to wake you gently. The Inevis cheaper and doesn't do stais or sleep but also bluetooths.

Replies

• RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    THANKS!!
    Been debating on whether I should buy one or not. I am so glad I found this!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    That's technology for you. ;-) As soon as you buy something the next model comes out. I would - actually I will ignore the next model and keep using the one I have.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned it on fitbit forum so I thought I'd pass it on.
  • drinkmoreh2o
    Options
    Thanks for linking me to this! I had no idea there was a new one coming out!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Technology updates are a pain in the *kitten*. Now I feel like I'm going to need to update my Fitbit and my iPhone 4 to a 4s or 5 so they will work together :laugh:
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the FitBit Ultra two days ago. :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :frown: :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You could probably cancel it if you wanted to wait a month.
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know but I've been waiting to buy it for forever, or so it seems, so I am just going to see how I like this one and I might try the other ones if I like this one enough. :smile:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    the main thing about the zip is it uses a watch battery that lasts 4-6 months and cannot be recharged like the ultra, but it is waterproof which is definitely nice
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I own a Fitbit and LOVE It.. It is great for keeping you motivated and going.. There is alot that it does and you will love it..It has a sleep mode,steps,calories,miles you walked .. I own the Fitbit Ultra.. There is another one but I LOVE The Unltra..
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm upset, but the Fitbit One looks so/is much better.
    I just got the Ultra a little less than a month ago.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a functional difference between One and Ultra. Anyone see it??
  • jmc0806
    Options

other than it syncing with a smartphone via Bluetooth and waterproof, I don't really see a difference
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options

The one will sync via blue tooth to the Apple Ipone 4s but not droid. The one is water resistent not water proof.

Us droid users are out of luck right now for the blue tooth sync.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    the main thing about the zip is it uses a watch battery that lasts 4-6 months and cannot be recharged like the ultra, but it is waterproof which is definitely nice

Water resistant - you can sweat on it a little but not take it swimming....
  • jmc0806
    Options
    my mistake. I misread it
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    figures, I just bought an ultra like 3 weeks ago, lol
  • mistertug
    Options
    hahaha, of course, my newly obsolete one just shipped this morning
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love my Ultra (it's my second one. FitBit Replaced Fitty 1, who fell into a porcelain pool and died). the One looks good for running in the rain but I just putting Fitty Deux in a ziplock and a pocket. If they ever come out with full waterproof, I'm in. (And need to buy a leash for this one because it's just a matter of time until I kill it otherwise)