Worlds Dumbest... fitness inventions

Options
Birdie
Birdie Posts: 256 Member
I log on and see this ad on my page. It doesn't have any words just a picture of a machine. I can't make out what it is so I click on it. It's an ad for a full body vibration machine that cost $11,000. Seriously? Reminds me of those old fashion machines from the early 1900's with the big strap that goes around your waist. I don't know maybe there is something to it, but I certainly won't be shelling out 11k to find out. What fitness machines or inventions do you think are the worst? shake weight? ab roller? thighmaster?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    haha, when I saw the title I immediately thought of those dumb vibration machines!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Shake weight, definitely the shake weight.
    My gosh, the first time my friends (males and females alike) and I witnessed that commercial, we were in our school's lounge waiting for the activity bus...... we all just burst out laughing and the stupidity and innuendos.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can never stop laughing at this one. Type in "Tug Toner" into Google, and prepare to laugh your *kitten* off :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Shake Weight by far! But I have been on one of those "full body" shaker things and it does "work" as in, I was pretty sore after being on for a couple seconds. Not sure it works, it I felt something, haha.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    The perfect push up cracks me up...there are ways to do the same thing for FREE.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    At my local shopping centre, there's a store devoted to those vibration things. For thousands of dollars
    Sah stupid.
  • JayPeeGee
    Options
    i am looking at 1 right now, its an ad on this site, full body vibration machine, 60 minute work out in just ten minutes. tone muscles, and lose inches, and theres a picture with a lady sitting on what looks to be a giant vacuum cleaner
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can never stop laughing at this one. Type in "Tug Toner" into Google, and prepare to laugh your *kitten* off :)

:laugh: Is that supposed to be a joke?!!! It must have been made for a laugh!
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but it's hilarious :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Had one of those vibration things at my old gym. Highly suspicious when a lady will just turn it on and then sit on it for the minute it runs.

I can't for the life of me see the point of a bosu ball; a regular gym ball seems much more useful.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Ace Power: http://youtu.be/wxn0fCO0J6E
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

Omg I hope people didn't really buy that :laugh:
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

:laugh: Is that supposed to be a joke?!!! It must have been made for a laugh!

OH.....MY......GOD!

this is HILARIOUS!!

do people actually think something like this is supposed to WORK?!?
    whats wrong with an old fashioned, hard, *kitten* kickin', sweat droppin' workout?!?!?
    --some people are always looking for the easy way out!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The belt that encloses your midsection and zaps you with small jolts of electricity. Supposed to make your muscles contract, I think? Silly. :tongue:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Ace Power: http://youtu.be/wxn0fCO0J6E

:laugh: I love this!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    YES! This might turn into my all time favourite thread!

Links though please people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsHHevYdKE
    (sitting astride is my favourite, obviously)
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump - so I can check these out after work.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Shake weight...
    Check out the commercial for shake weight featured on South Park...geez...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQj0zlnZqvU
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Everything that isn't a barbell.