New Years Resolution

Options
Hi everyone! Although I signed up last year, I made it a new year's resolution to start this up again. It totally works if your committed!! This is ultimately a lifestyle change - not a diet. Most tell me "you don't have to lose any weight...what are you worried about?" I know my body and I know what I need to do. I am not happy when I look in the mirror, and just wanted to look healthy and in shape again. Most of all, I want to feel confident in my own skin like the pre-baby days. :)
So who's up for the new year's challenge with me??

Replies

• sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    count me in!!! Good luck to you x
  • melissasuzz
    melissasuzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I just want to feel good about my body...the holiday eating took its toll! I have already started and I am tracking EVERYTHING I put in my mouth!
  • Cat2pik
    Options
    I get that alot too. Everyone that see's me excercise or watch what I eat always says--"why do you need to do that you don't need to lose weight." I never know what to say. I tell them it's for my health and it does make me feel better about my self. More in control of what's going on around me. And I think most everyone plays with a couple of pounds--so ya I may not have to loose weight but it's just as hard to maintain a healthy weith. I have been pretty faithful about my excercising and eating habits up until the holidays. Though I haven't been doing horrible. I try to stick with my planned meals but at times have splurged a little and at times have had to put off my excercises due to lack of time with all the holiday running around. Not to mention all the parties and holiday activities. So ya count me in. I plan on doing it anyway so why not get back at it with some help!!
  • Justacouple
    Options
    I'm there with you! This is my first time on the site, but I want to and have to lose this wieght! Good Luck to you!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am with you I need to STEP IT UP
  • Chickpea87
    Options
    Count me in too. This seems like a great 'community' for support. The one person I relied on for honesty has just let me down- I'm a semi-recovered Anorexic (my weight got better, my mind hasn't)...and I thought my Mum, of ALL people, would tell me if she thought my healthy weight was going further than she knew I would want it to. I didn't see the weight increase happen, and NOW she tells me...about 6 months too late. I'm in pieces, but found this MyFitnessPal app and am determined to be a part of this. Support and be supported, right...?
  • tevtcop
    Options
    I'M IN!!!

IGNORE WHAT PEOPLE SAY, IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF RUBBISH THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND US!! LAST YEAR PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ME THAT MY BODY IMAGE WAS GOOD ENOUGH, NO NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT ANY MORE!! BUT THOSE **** JUST ****!!THERE WERE LYING, I KNOW THAT!! FROM NOW ON, IT'S MY BODY, I CONTROL IT, I KNOW HOW BIG AND SMALL IT IS, AND I DON'T NEED PEOPLE AROUND TO JUDGE ME ABOUT HOW I LOOK!!!

WELL, THIS NEW YEAR HAVE GIVEN ME SO MUCH THOUGHT...I CAN SEE MYSELF WITH THAT SLIM ATTRACTIVE HEALTHY BODY SHAPE!!YEYY!!I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!!SAY NO TO EMOTIONAL CRAVINGS!!IT;S NOT WRONG RIGHT TO GIVE UP THOSE CHOCOLATE AND CAKES JUST TO BE HAPPIER AND LOVED??

53 KG IS MY GOAL!!!IN 4 WEEKS!!BELIEVE IT OR NOT, U HAVE TO!!XOXO!!
  • melissahager
    Options
    My New Year's Goal is to get my confidence back regarding my body image. Obviously to meet that goal I need to eat right, exercise, and lose weight along the way! But I have resolved to not allow my resolutions this year to be joining a gym and starting a diet. Those don't work!

My New Year's Resolutions:
    Track my food and stay within healthy limits regarding calories, fat, ect.
    Follow through with exercising 5- days a week for atleast 30 minutes.
    Feel better about my appearance.

Those are goals I can meet!
    Melissa