New FitBit on the market

Options
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/17/fitbit-one-fitbit-zip/

Yay. I MIGHT actually get me one of these ones.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit but i always wished it would sync with my smartphone instead of the base, sounds like they fixed that with this one having bluetooth. I will not upgrade but it sounds like a good product. now they need one that is truly waterproof for swimming
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I just completed a preorder for mine. Love that it syncs with my phone. Now I don't have to wait until I get home to see if I've earned any exercise calories!!
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    the zip looks like a tomagotchi
  • zophiel67
    Options
    I love my fitbit but i always wished it would sync with my smartphone instead of the base, sounds like they fixed that with this one having bluetooth. I will not upgrade but it sounds like a good product. now they need one that is truly waterproof for swimming

Ditto. I've been considering buying my hubby a fitbit... Now I might give him mine and upgrade when the One comes out! :wink:
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    just ordered an ultra. so let's see. Bluetooth 4.0 does nothing for me, my phone doesn't support it. and a vibrating alarm. again, no use. Altimeter... no clue what I would use that for. So, I guess I am ok with the ultra. Cool.
  • brynnflynn
    brynnflynn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was considering buying one of the old ones, but if this is coming out I'll definitely wait for it.
  • zophiel67
    Options
    just ordered an ultra. so let's see. Bluetooth 4.0 does nothing for me, my phone doesn't support it. and a vibrating alarm. again, no use. Altimeter... no clue what I would use that for. So, I guess I am ok with the ultra. Cool.

Actually, you already have the altimeter. That's how it tracks flights of stairs. But since you already have it, you don't need to upgrade anyway. :smile:

Careful, Android users! It's coming out ready to sync with iPhones and iPads only!!! The site says "selected" Android devices and tablets are "coming soon." So I would wait till those are announced and you make sure yours is on the list before buying. I certainly will, since the Bluetooth upgrade is really where my interest lies anyhow.

*ETA typo
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i want to get one!
  • tdrusk
    tdrusk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why you would want this for MFP?

You negate calories by putting in that you are lightly active, sedentary, etc. If you put in the calories you burn from fitbit wouldn't that just give you more calories, thus allowing you to eat more, thus making you fatter? I understand using it to work out, but you have to account for the calories that are negated by your normal daily activities.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    the zip looks like a tomagotchi

LMAO - I thought the same thing.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I too am happy with my ultra and I don't plan on upgrading every few months when they come out with a new and improved. All gadget makers tend to run on that same train track.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    The zip is supposedly available now on their website (though Amazon has it on pre-order for release 10/1). Anyone know if that's true that I could order from FitBit directly now? I needed to pick up a pedometer for our Disney trip - we leave 9/28.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The zip is supposedly available now on their website (though Amazon has it on pre-order for release 10/1). Anyone know if that's true that I could order from FitBit directly now? I needed to pick up a pedometer for our Disney trip - we leave 9/28.

Got mine at Best Buy yesterday. Lovin it so far!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine from Best Buy...it should be there by the weekend! They didn't have any in stock.