My 105 Day Challenge to lose 24lbs

Options
Hi, I was going through my old weightloss diary and I calculated that I have been trying to lose the same 24-29lbs for the past 9 years!!! I was dumbstruck at the time wasted and going around in circles...What the heck have I been doing. Well it appears I have been doing the same thing over and over....working out and eating loads to compensate for the so called hardwork and energy I had spent in the Gym. I have always stayed the same 11.7 st (161lbs) over the last 9 years. I had no idea about TDEE, the use of a Heart Rate Monitor, NET calories etc. Although, I thought I knew what I was doing.

I joined MFP one year after having my first child in April 2010. I had gained 30lbs (pregnancy weight) but, I dropped 35lbs of that weight before joing MFP by watching my diet and constantly lifting heavy weight ....I felt good as I had never been able to lose weight consistently before

I have lost a lot of inches since joining MFP in December 2011...I lift heavy 2-3 per week (but could push myself more) and Spin once a week. I know its not ALL about the scale and weigh myself weekly or fortnightly. I set myself a personal challenge of Compound Lifting (Deadlifts, Rows, Squats, Bench Press & Overhead Press) consistently for 3 months. I stuck to my challenge and lost more inches :) However, I was truly eating well and would still binge on sweets, chocolate, crips etc at least once or twice a week.

I decided I would set a further challenge of completing 105 days of cutting out all junk foods and alcohol...Im currently on Day 86 and feel great. I have a really sweet tooth and enjoy baking. Normally I would have cravings for crisps, chocolate and would jump in my car to the shops to get the goodies. But they are not goodies at all...they are hindering my health and blocking my goals. But on a whole, I do not have cravings anymore for junk foods with harmful perservaties etc. I have also began drinking home brewed Kefir Water. I would definitely recommend Kefir. It really is the elixir of life :))

I am determined to reach my goal on the 10th December or earlier Im currently 11.3st (157lbs), aiming for 9.7st (133lbs)....feel free to friend me if your interested. Have a great day :))

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Tina180130/view/105-day-goal-to-lose-29lbs-352687

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! Yes I've noticed just from my normal diaries and records of new years resolutions etc that I've been yo-yoing between 155-170lbs for the last 8 years, making the same resolutions etc and never really getting anywhere! I'm really pleased to see it's working for you and that you've got the drive to get rid of the last 24lbs.

This time I've changed from 'get to 140lbs on the scale' to 'watch what you eat and train for a 5k run' :) this is a first for me so hopefully that will make a difference. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess, its great to be able to look back and reflect.. to say "hey, I need to fix this" and stop putting up with the same results. Time goes by so quickly, so much so that the body gets used to us giving in to our cravings, making it so much harder to correct things over time....but our over indulgences can be overcome with consistency and determination.

Best of luck with your goal(s) :))