is 30 day shred enough?

Options
just wanted your guys opinions,
do you think 30 day shred is enough exersize for one day? only because its only 20 mins and im on day 6 of level one and even though i do finish sweating, im not panting for breath and dont feel like im guna die if u know what i mean,
ive heard level 2 is much harder which is cool and ive been walking quite a bit aswel as level one but i know that its better to have one long hard workout instead of lots of not as high impact workouts for fat burning isnt it?

i dont know whether u need to know but im 5'4 and 136lb 22yrs old :)

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are you seeing progress and results?
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    30 day shred seems (to me) like it would be WAY too easy for someone your size. I mean, I'm over 200 lbs and I can do it without feeling like I'm going to die. I would try something a lot harder and I plan to when I get down to about 150 or so. I want to do Insanity.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with ^^^^^. I think you would love Insanity! You should try it!

And if your not up for that intense of a workout, maybe do 30 day shred, as well as another of JM's dvds each day, or every other day add a dvd to your 30DS.

Personally, I have done her Killer Buns and Thighs DVD (AMAZING!) literally, I can barely bend down to pick up clothes my booty is shaking when im finished! It has the same set up as 30DS with 3 levels of workouts you work up too..

I also have '6 week 6 pack' and 'no more trouble zones'.... all very good dvds to add to your workout plan you are doing!

Another option if you have room in front of your computer to workout would be the exercise routines on bodyrock.tv.
    --Those are shorter, but going to have close to the same intensity as insanity workouts, in my opinion.

hope this helps!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been walking ( have to walk the dog as she is trying to lose weight too :) ) and have been mixing up the exercise with various Jillian Michaels dvds and Nike Training Club (app on iphone) Tonight I started Insanity.

You need to challenge yourself other wise you will get bored and lose interest :)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    On days I do the shred I also go for a walk or do intervals on my mini-trampoline for 20 minutes back to back with the dvd.

On alternating days, I run.

With one day off per week! This is working for me so far, but I'm wondering if it would be better to do the dvd on consecutive days?:smile:
  • claire_90
    Options
    When I did it the first time I did the dvd each day, 30 mins on the treadmill (probably 70% walking, 30% running) and 60 minutes of slowly walking my dog on about 1000 calories a day and I lost only about 1kg a week.

currently I'm doing it again, pretty much only the dvd and no additional exercise, 1200 cals a day and only doing it 5 days a week so longer than 30 days

slower results.. but i think it's better for you this way.
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i am really loving all the replys and LOVING the workout suggestions, im going to start doing another workout with it each day now, im so guna get killer buns and thighs now, no doubt about it!! and i really wana start insanity but im kind of scared of it saw it advertised on tv the other day and nearly passed out just watching it buuut it would challenge me! feel free to add me i love hearing how other people r getting on with working out and what they are doing etc! :)

xxx