Fitness NSV

Options
When I was planning which walk I would do this morning, I was astonished to find myself thinking that a 3 1/2 mile walk was too short, and that I would opt for the 5 miles instead!!

Replies

• allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That must have been a great (if surprising) feeling! I love reading NSVs like yours. Keep it up!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great change in mindset.

My own recent experience: I take a train to a City in the North of England which is extremely hilly, around 4 times a year for my work. Because I take the train, I have to walk everywhere when I get there, with my overnight backpack on laden with my laptop and papers etc. I visited last week for the first time since getting my fitness back on track. Not only did I find I wasn't huffing and puffing up the notorious hill to the railway station - I found myself keeping good pace and strangely enjoying the walk, knowing that my legs felt strong and I was not out of breath. I even jogged up the final set of steps (around 30), just to prove the point to myself.

Was really nice to feel how far I had come in such a tangible way. Fitness can improve so gradually, it can be easy to forget how much you have improved.

YAY!
  • cugglybear
    cugglybear Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I always walk alone, and tend to walk in the same areas, so it is sometimes hard to measure my increasing fitness. I think it is important to take note when we can though! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!