New to my fitness pal

mom2os
mom2os Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined and was wondering how this message board worked.

Replies

• rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    I am fairly new, too. This is a place to post your thoughts, questions, solutions, and hear back from a large community of shrinking people with great suggestions.

Also I like the food logging tool, and the way that it adds my exercise to the calories I can eat.
    At the end of the day, once you finish your log, there is a little message of encouragement: "If you continue eating the same as today you will weigh xxx pounds in five weeks!"

Lots of the foods I eat are in the database. I like it here.
    Welcome!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    This is a great place to learn how to get healthy. Welcome!

1) you can do a fitness profile which can give you calorie goals for each day. Log what you eat honestly, log your exercise honesty.

2) there is a community that can answer basically all of your questions and help keep you on track.

3) Try it out, you will love it!
  • Karissarytting
    Karissarytting Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new too- January 1! I know it's cliche' to start on new fitness goals for the new year, but hey- I needed to make these goals and the new year seems like a good time to start. I will log my food and exercise, and I'm also going to make one change in my diet- I'm only going to eat sweets on Sundays. Sweets have always been my downfall. I think it'll be a lot easier to avoid binging this way. So, I weighed in today at 143.8. My goal is 125- the weight I was at when I got married. I have a year. :)
This discussion has been closed.